Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: att

Lost Power Off Icon

After the latest OS update (2.0.1.358), the browser locked-up while starting to view a YouTube video.

This is the first time the Playbook ever locked up since it was new in 5/2011. Used the Power Off icon

to restart the system. Now the Power Off Icon is gone. Can this icon/app be restored separately or

is it part of the OS?

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Lost Power Off Icon

You'll notice in other threads here, the loss of the power icon in 2.0.1 is gone.

You don't need it, just touch the battery icon to get the very same choices to Restart, Off, etc.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

So the change came in 2.01 and not in 2.01.358?

If that's the case, it should have not shown prior to 2.01.358 updating,

but it did. Hopefully, no more crashes or strange operations.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

its gone now, it didnt work well 100% of the time

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

JSanders wrote:

You'll notice in other threads here, the loss of the power icon in 2.0.1 is gone.

You don't need it, just touch the battery icon to get the very same choices to Restart, Off, etc.

That would be too easy to look at or search the topics.   2.0.1.358 is the 2.0.1 version that jsanders is talking about.

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor

Strange that the app would be there after the OS install & re-boot, and removed after the crash and then another

re-boot. Never expected weird operations from the Playbook, i.e. like from my 10" iPod. The Playbook seemed

extremely stable until now.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

lorenfb wrote:

Strange that the app would be there after the OS install & re-boot, and removed after the crash and then another

re-boot. Never expected weird operations from the Playbook, i.e. like from my 10" iPod. The Playbook seemed

extremely stable until now.

There was no "2.0.1". What you have now, is the first 2.0.1.358

You don't need the power icon, as stated. Just touch the battery, all the very same.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

lorenfb wrote:

"Strange that the app would be there after the OS install & re-boot, and removed after the crash and then another

extremely stable until now."

jsanders wrote:

"There was no "2.0.1". What you have now, is the first 2.0.1.358"

jsanders missed the question or maybe ignored it? Yes, there was no 2.01, but there was a problem (flash crash)

AND the power icon AFTER installing 2.01.