Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: MAJOR Issues with OS 2.0

No, you can't downgrade.

So, do this after you start the PB up... DON'T open the messages app first.

Check your WIFi, is it connected,.. green, it's all ok?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook, BB 9700 Bold
My Carrier: T-mobile

Just got back to the office.  I don't use my PB without WIFI.  The WIFI can't connect.  It can't see any available networks in my area (usually there are 4 in the entire neighborhood).  The green circle keeps turning.  The WIFI is working great with our other gadgets in the house, as I stated before, on our laptops, IPAD, and BB smartphones.....all except the PB.  I don't care about the Andorid's apps at all. 

With the PB Bridge, I can only access Bridge Browser and its extremely slow.  None of my bridge messages and contacts work at all...

[ Edited ]

Chusangel, Try this, while connected to your charger. Press and hold the Power key, up and down volume (-/+) all three buttons simultaneously, for about 10-12 seconds. You should the red LED blink and that should allow a reset of the PlayBook and to power up.

Now, try your WiFi connection again. Go to Options > WiFi setup and try to connect.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Hi, I did all that.  I have been following your suggestion and posting results since this morning...

My Device: Curve 8530, Playbook
My Carrier: Boost

Hey all,

New to this forum.  Anyone have issues with getting past the agreement page?  Doesn't show any countries in the drop down list.  How do you get through that to even finish the initial set up?

Chusangela wrote:

Hi, I did all that.  I have been following your suggestion and posting results since this morning...

Can you try a DIFFERENT WiFi Hotspot, connect and see if that works?

Any free hotspot, a McDonalds or coffee shop which is not password protected?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

OK. Will do that tomorrow. In the mean time, I tried tethering to my phone. The only Bridge feature that worked is the browser.
New Contributor

Restore PB to factory default:  This was suggested as a solution to another message tread heading "Playbook OS2 and Encrypted Wifi Issues."  Although it didn't sound entirely the same as the problem stated here (same as mine), I tried it and it worked.

Just make sure you save all the media files by connecting your PB to your PC via USB cable as another drive.  Follow the instructions carefully.

I like this OS much better after all.

Good Luck!