Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Re: MESSAGES - POP email support ???

Good to hear I have some support.

Thanks, Bob

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: US Cellular

Hello,

I just did several test on my playbook with pop mail.  I sent a message with my home computer.  I received it on my playbook, my torch, ect.  I deleted it on my playbook and I stll have it on my torch, it is still on the web client as well. It is working great here.

Contributor

It definitely supports POP as I have (had) 2 accounts setup on it and they worked too well.

Later, Bob

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

I have had no problems with the playbook deleting my messages

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Supertech, I don't work for RIM. I'm just another user like you both. So please understand that I'm just trying to help.

By the way, even if you have the option selected to leave messages on the server, if you delete a message from you PlayBook, it can still delete the message on the server, unless you also find the option to stop that. That is working 100% correctly as far as I know. And if you delete a message on your BlackBerry or computer, depending on your POP settings, it will also delete that message on the server. For example, if I delete a message on my BlackBerry (set up on a pop account) and then go to my computer, I fully expect not to see that message on my computer. It is working exactly as its supposed to.

If you want RIM to introduce an option like there is on Outlook or Eudora where it only deletes the messages on the server if you have the "delete messages on server after they have been deleted on the device" box checked, that's a different story, but that is an extra feature that you guys are talking about.

Anyhow, if this doesn't make you guys happy, I'm not sure what will.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook

krypo, you're not making any sense but I can see that you just chose to live with problems.

This is not a acceptable way from an IT support standpoint. I have hundreds of blackberry users that I support with POP accounts and they delete emails from their BB and their other devices still receive the emails.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Supertech, we clearly aren't seeing things from the same perspective.

If your BB users are able to delete without deleting off the server, that is because their POP email accounts are not set to sync with the server. There is an option that allows you to keep deleted messages on the server, and an option to remove deleted messages off the server. But at the end of the day, the logical perspective is that if you delete an email on a client, it should be deleted on the server, otherwise it shouldn't have been deleted in the first place. I don't know if that's why RIM did what they did, but that's a possible reason. I don't choose to live with a problem, because I don't see it as a problem. I see it working in a logical manner.

But that said, now that we have finally gotten to a point where your point is clear, you should make a feature request to introduce an option that allows you to keep deleted items on the server. The catch is that you're posting on a peer to peer support forum, so there is no guarantee that RIM will see your request. Accordingly, I would recommend contacting RIM through their official PlayBook support channel by going to http://blackberry.com/support and selecting the PlayBook, then go to the "Contact Support" area. Alternately, go to the BlackBerry Beta Zone at http://blackberry.com/beta. They have a Global PlayBook area where you can submit feature requests for the PlayBook.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

Hi Krypto,

You answered the questions I was going to ask tonight on how to make RIM aware that some of us are having this problem. Thanks for doing this.

Bob

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

robertach wrote:

Aandras, this does not work! I removed the POP account on the PB and set it up again, sent a message from the PC, picked it up on the PB, deleted it on the PB, went into my webmail for this account and it was gone! Deleted!

There is a BIG problem here and the Account was set to "Leave mail on server". I am not impressed with this email client that RIM has developed for OS2 and removing my email account from the PB until this is resolved. I am very disappointed.

Regards, Bob

What is the setting in your desktop client.  That may be the culprit

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook

I was under the impression that RIM actually supports this forum and helps with problems. I will contact them directly.