Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: n-a

MaIl DoEs NoT GeT IMAGES

since the update, my gmail messages I receive to the native mail account are not displaying the embedded images even after I press "get images".

I work in communications and send/receive a lot of these emarketing type of messages so I'd like to know what the problem is. The same message shows up just fine on the iPhone.

Thx for any/all help.

P.S. Still hating how hard it is to post to the forum on the PB since the update.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: MaIl DoEs NoT GeT IMAGES

Hi gumnutnijna,

Does this only happen when using your GMail account? Do you have any other accounts set up on your BlackBerry smartphone to test with?  Also, to confirm, are the messages still in your GMail account inbox on your computer?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Trusted Contributor

Hi Cpt.. Thanks for looking in.

So far it has only happened with some but not all e-marketing messages coming to my gmail account. I do have other accounts coming to the Playbook but not ones that receive the problem mailings. The problem mailings do display correctly on iPhone mail app and on computer browsers.

I have no trouble on PB with images on the e-marketing that I produce and send to multiple accounts include gmail.

I'm currently sans wifi and having problems getting the PB to figure out its accounts at all. Will retest and repost after I get back to my home network and get the PB up and running properly again.
Trusted Contributor

Oh, also.. Yes. Still in gmail inbox, not archived or otherwise moved.
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16gb Wi-Fi only, OS 2.1.0.1314
My Carrier: N/A

Is it possible that Gmail is detecing the images as spam? Perhaps the images are hosted on a blacklisted server, and before the update the mail app wasn't checking for that but now it is? Or it wasn't receiving that data from gmail but now it is?

If they are just attachments, could it possibly be a size problem? I know that attachments larger than 25MB can cause issues with IMAP and Gmail in general (however I know that images rarely get that big, unless you're working in graphic design).

I'm as stumped as you are on this one so far... *scratching head*

-----------------------
PlayBook 16GB Wi-Fi
Trusted Contributor

It's a puzzler.

I don't think it's gmail as the same message displays the images on other devices. Image size shouldn't be an issue since overall message size is small.

When I do e-marketing campaigns, I usually upload images to embed them directly in the html message. These don't usually appear as "attachments" - PB (or other device) has a message saying "images surpressed for your protection" with a "get images" button that you can press to enable display.

In the problem messages, pressing "get images" yields no result on the PB even they show up fine on other devices.

I really only care about it because I want to understand it enough to make sure that when I send similar messages, the images come through as intended. There are a LOT of Blackberry devices among the constituency I mail to.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

have you waited long enough ? sometimes after hitting the "get images" button, the images take up to 3 minutes to appear.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

If you are talking about html images it quite often happens. Try restarting messages app, or restarting Playbook.