Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook / Torch

Managing Tasks via Blackberry Bridge

It would be great if I could filter tasks on my playbook the same way that I do on my Torch. I have not yet found a way to only display tasks that have not been completed.

Has anyone encountered the same experience?
New Contributor
My Device: playbook/Bold 9780
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Managing Tasks via Blackberry Bridge

Has anyone replied to you on this? I just got my playbook and the Tasks will be useless on it if it continues to show "all". I put all my phone messages on here...
Scott Lee
Contributor

No reponses yet.  I just don't use the tasks.  I use verything else alot

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700/ Playbook 32
My Carrier: Bell

I don't think anything has changed on using Tasks, it doesn't filter.

I ended up going the other route, using Conqu on Playbook and synching that with the PC version on desktop and laptop. I have migrated away from BB tasks and Outlook synching because I had so many issues with the synching back and forth on two computers, plus this problem that the Tasks app doesn't categorize etc. I find Conqu a nice organization according to Projects, tags, etc, which Outlook doesn't do very well. 

New Contributor
My Device: playbook/Bold 9780
My Carrier: Telus

I'll check this out, but our office uses a BES server with our outlook, so it's a seamless sync real time between BB and Desktop and Server. I have now started moving "Completed" tasks  to an archive file weekly so the Playbook isn't so cluttered. Still something I hope is being worked on. The Bridge is the only reason I got Playbook. If it can't mirror how I have my Bold set up, it's pretty useless..... An Android Tablet has 10X the "stuff"!!

Scott Lee
Contributor

Scott,

My office uses a BES server also. I should have thought about archiving since I archive everything else.

Thanks