Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: verizon (not connected to blackberry playbook)

Media Error

I use my blackberry playbook to watch videos on the website fit2b.us that they create and post on vimeo.com. It has ALWAYS worked in the past. Recently it won't work. I get the error :

Media Error: There was an error receiving video data. The server may have stopped sending. Please try to restart the video or check your network connection."

Contacted the fit2b.us and was told it isn't on their end. I've also contacted vimeo.com but have not heard back yet.  

This is an example of a video I am unable to watch http://fit2b.us/ts-totally-transverse/

There are others on the website but you must be a member to view them.  The website is a subscription streaming exercise video site. 

I have the most up to date blackberry playbook software- I assume as it isn't notifying me of any updates.  Also all apps are up to date.  

You tube videos and other video sites work fine.  

Please let me know if you have any advice! I'd appreciate it.

My Device: Blackberry Playbook, Blackberry Bold, New Blackberry with keyboard
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Media Error

I have same problem, albeit with a slightly different Media Error message.  My error message says something like File Format Unsupported.

Videos have stopped working for me in the last week or so, mostly notably on Vimeo.  Like you, youtube.com still works.

I wonder if Blackberry has stopped paying license fees to support various video formats for its Playbook, which would be really crappy. 

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: verizon (not connected to blackberry playbook)

I contacted vimeo and they said they don't support blackberry directly.  If it works great, if not they won't do anything.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: None

I'm getting the same media error message also. I just watched a Vimeo video just yesterday and today I get this. Same for other media players, however like everyone else, Youtube is still active. What I want to know is this something that Blackberry is working on or are we just out of luck?