Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Torch 9800/Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Message Snyc NOT working correctly.

Have had my Playbook since launch.  Use it every day.  I love the new 2.0 O.S.  The built in Messages, Contacts, and Calendar are GREAT!  

I am having a problem with the Syncing of the messages (emails, facebook).  

Example...  I receive an email in my Hotmail.com account.  I get the message on my Torch and the Playbook.  If I delete the message from my Torch I am given the option,

1. Delete from Handheld and Inbox.

2. Delete just from Handheld.  

Now if I Delete from "Handheld and Inbox".  The message gets deleted on handheld and from the server BUT the tablet DOES NOT resync and remove deleted messages, nor does it update "read/opened" messages. This also applies to Facebook message notifacations.   I answer and reply to messages/chat on my cell, and the Tablet still reads as NEW.  (Notifacation top left corner)

Also I notice that if I do delete a message from the Playbook.  It only is deleted on the playbook.  It does NOT get deleted from the server.

Am I doing somthing wrong?  

Also, I would like to suggest.  Adding BlackBerry Messanger (not just Video chat) for Playbook (since Playbook does get its own PIN), and SMS support threw Wi-Fi, and or Bluetooth.  Wi-Fi more for the Messenger.  And Bluetooth for the SMS to pair your cell, and respond to SMS on a full 7" screen.   I think this CAN/WILL be a BIG market grab for MANY people.  

Who else would like these features?

Matt M.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB & BB10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: wifi

Re: Message Snyc NOT working correctly.

Hi,

I am having the same issue since upgrading to OS 2.0--my email does nto get deleted off the server which renders the PB email client useless, as I want to be able to filter and delete the email that is not important off the server after looking at it ONCE.  The original version of the PB OS deleted the email off the server and PB on hitting the trash icon.  Someone redefined the "trash" action so that now it deletes only on the PB and nto the server---obviousl RIM could create an option to do one or the other----this is annoying! Surprised no one else is complaining about his as it effects my productivity and renders sorting through email on the PB a pointless exercise when I get home and see the same "junk" email I htought I had trashed!

RIM--a little more attention to detail please!  If BB10 comes out with this--you can forget about being the # 3 cell phone maker-----I was looking forward to my new BB10 phone, but I need this corrected now!

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Message Snyc NOT working correctly.

You may want to check with your email provider settings as to delete email from the server or leave it on. I don't think that is a RIM setting but rather your email provider.