Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook / 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Messages (mail) app keeps hanging / won't refresh or get new messages

This solutions solved my problems for now.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

So if this works long term let us know.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: shaw

Same problem here. Notice your account and calendar are also disabled when messages stops working. Mine began working for almost all of two days earlier this week, but now back to old tricks. Agree this makes email app unusuable, esp. since rebooting take so long and needs to be done several times a day. I notice Rim has done nothing, not even an announcement, even though this is a critical aspect of any so-called 'professional' tablet.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Lately my messages for "stand alone" mail app  have been coming in OK - actually working very well. Not sure why.

Another one of my concerns was that the "stand alone" mail app was not syncing with my contacts and calendar. This was not a major problem as I have Blackberry Bridge app and could always get my contacts and calendar that way, on the Playbook.

I keep my BB Bold updated with my Outlook Mail through my home computer, so it is always current. My phone has been great - never a problem.

I did contact RIM and got this information - Contacts and calendar can only be fully and automatically synced with g-mail accounts. I have sympatico mail server provider and use MS outlook for mail, contacts and calendar and do not wish to switch to g-mail or maintain two accounts.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: shaw

I guess Rim considers gmail the only 'professional grade; email service.

Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bell

Hi Lost_at_sea,

Unfortunately even deleting the accounts hangs.

Thanks.

Contributor

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion.  I've managed to delete my accounts after multiple reboots.  Even account deletion seemed to hang the email client. After a first album reboot and reading the 3 Gmail accounts, the results are the same. Client works for a short while then requires a minimum of 1 and sometimes more reboots to get it working for a short while again.

Frustrating.

Contributor

Deleting/restarting/Readding accounts did not work. Email client still hangs regularly.  It is not reliable to say the least.  Failure seems to happen when Playbook looses network connection like when I take it with me when I leave the house and requires a full restart when I am back in the house with a working network again.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850, Playbook

It doesn't appear there was a real fix for this summer thread.  The problems described - enterprise email not coming through although personal ATT account works consistently - are exactly what I've been dealing with for the past 2 months.  If RIM can't do email flawlessly,  we're in trouble.  Disappointing.