Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook & Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Missing Videos

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully you understand what I mean....

I recorded a concert on my PB, and due to the video length limitation set by the PB, I had to stop and restart the recording during a blackout.

I stopped the recording closed the camera App, and re opened it.

on my PB, I have the shorter second recording, but not the first.

I can't see it in the videos folder on the PB, or in the camera, and its the same on the Blackberry Desktop.

I have tried updating the BB desktop, and syncing the media, but I still can't find it

Hopefully someone can help!

I really do need the recording, its for a college portfolio, and that was the only show, and I've lost 80% of it! Smiley Sad

Lewis

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PRIV
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Missing Videos

If you open the web browser and browse to file:///accounts/1000/shared/camera, can you see the files?

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook & Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Hi.

thanks for the reply

but i dont see them, only the shorter file, of the second recording

Lewis

Highlighted
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: PRIV
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

hmm. there is no code anywhere on any error path that I can see (except at recording startup) which would cause a file to be deleted.

what's the name of the second file that was saved?  and what version of software is your playbook running?  (2.1?)

my thoughts are that one of the following happened:

1. the recording wasn't actually started.  do you remember if the viewfinder was visible for the duration of the entire recording?  if not, then it's possible that you failed to hit the record button (or it failed to register the touch event)

2. the recording started according to the UI, but the camera driver failed to get the video recording configured.  in this case, there would have had to be a missed error dialog or something, and the UI kept running, thinking that the recording was in progress.

3. the recording went to disk ok, but the second recording overwrote the first.  this is unlikely because we are supposed to guarantee unique filenames (unless there is a bug).

I will open a bug internally to see if we can come up with a likely scenario.  Unfortunately, it seems that your recording is lost, and I don't think there is anything we can do to recover it.  I can tell you that in a future release, the 4GB filesize limit has been lifted, but I know that doesn't help today....

Cheers,

Sean