Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Missing "Bridge" app tab

Hi everyone, 

I just got my Playbook today and set up Bridge during the initial setup. I just noticed however that all the Bridge apps are in my "All" tab rather than in their own separate one, as I believe they should be based on some videos I've seen. Anything I can do to set them apart? As far as I know you can't just create new tabs so I'm not sure if there's anything I can do to group them all together.

Thanks!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Missing "Bridge" app tab

turn on blue tooth on playbook and it should appear back or do a restart on playbook after.

happens to mine once in a while

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

thanks, i turned the bluetooth on and off a few times and nothing changed -- i did turn the playbook off and on again and the tab is there now, but it's empty; the bridge apps are still only under "all"... 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

launch a bridge app and it should appear after

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Guru III
My Device:

if it does not work then

delete the BlueTooth Bridge profiles on both devices, update bridge app if not done already

Then perform a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry smartphone powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC.

on Playbook press power button and both Vol + - buttons for 10 seconds to reboot it.

setup bridge again and see if it persists.

Highlighted
Contributor

thanks again, although it still didn't work! i even tried to reboot the playbook after the new pairing but the only difference is that the bridge apps are now at the bottom of the list (i do have the bridge tab, just empty like before). is there anything else i can try? thanks for your help!