Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 3

Multiple duplicate email and facebook messages being sent?

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

My wife has just got a new Playbook and a new Z10 phone.  The Playbook seems to be sending multiple messges duplicates in email and occasionally to Facebook too??  She's a gmail account user.  Clearly this is unacceptable...she uses her gmail for business and domestic purposes and having her collegues bombarded with messages is just not fair.  Can anyone help??

We are sure it's the Playbook through trial and error, but can't be 100%.... She's also had a DREADFUL time trying to sort out the installation of her Google Calendar account via her Z10.  It's still not providing 2 way sync.  We have spent many hours trying to sort these issues...it's not good for us, we are new to Blackberry and this has all been so frustrating.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Multiple duplicate email and facebook messages being sent?

Hi technofan and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

To better understand the issues you are seeing, I'd like to clarify a bit.

From what I understand, when you send a message using your BlackBerry PlayBook (Gmail and Facebook), it will send it multiple times?  If so, how many times?

Were you able to get your wife's Gmail account added to the BlackBerry Z10? Are any of her calendar appointments synchronizing to the BlackBerry?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to us.  First...the duplicate email and facebook messaging snag.  We don't think anyone has had any more duplicate emails sent.  A couple of days ago a business collegue got 2 copies of the same message, sent via Playbook.  As for Facebook, one particular message was sent around 100 (yes one hundred) times before it stopped.  That involved some 'unfriending' on Facebook.  My wife has also writtent to Facebook, just in case they can help.  We believe these issues were purely Playbook and not Z10 snags.  Now onto the phone:

We have used the 'caldav' setup for recieving calendar events from google calendar on the Z10, but as things stand we still can't 2 way sync.  When making an entry on the Z10 only the local calendar is available and no other calendars are listed as part of the process.

We have used the Crackberry forums for our help and many, many people are having the very same calendar issues. The 'solution' is to input the accounts using 'caldav' and then wait around 48hours for 'something' to be enabled.  Some users of the phone then report that google calendar accounts can be accessed via the phone to input an event to a google calendar account.  Thereby verifying that 2 way sync is possible.  Some people, my wife included, has now waited 48hrs but nothing has happened yet....we still only have the 'local calendar' as a drop down option when inputing an event on the phone.

I hope that helps... We are hoping that this is just teething troubles that may be fixed with an OS10 update.

Thank you,

Pete

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Guys,

Just to clarify the Z10 calendar fault.

Firstly...this needs some priority as it's causing tremendous frustration to new Z10 owners:-

Users can use any device, computer/tablet etc, to input an event on their google calendar account and it will sync with the phone.  Most people have used 'caldav' to set up their google calendar accounts, as recommended on 'Crackberry Forums'.

However, when then using the phone there is NO facility to input an event to a google calendar account so that it can be seen on other devices, i.e. computers/tablets etc, in other words....you can't 2 way sync the calendar.  Only Local Calendar is avaialable on the phone to accept new calendar entries.

My wife says she 'loves' her phone...but I'm the guy who spent over £500 purchasing it for her and I KNOW she's quietly 'ticked off' over this issue...but trust me, she's not as frustrated as me!  I would really like this to be sorted for her and for the benefit of all those who have had faith that Blackberry can deliver?

Thanks guys...

Pete

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

So when you create a new Calendar event on the BlackBerry Z10, then click on the drop down menu at the top, you don't have any other options?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Correct!  We have now switched to Hotmail, as a temporary option.  Hotmail calendar does work as it should and appears as a selectable option alongside 'local calendar'

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

This is happening with email and facebook for me.

It's even doing it when I send the email from my web interface, and then sending multiple times with the handset.  I had to delete my facebook settings to stop spamming my friend earlier in the day.

Sorry to hijack the thread if it's not the same issue.

My Device: z10
My Carrier: blackberry

This is happening to me too. I'm very unsatisfied with this phone, have had the phone for a week and so many problems with it. Regarding this issue, I sent my aunt a message on Facebook and she messaged me back a day later saying it had sent the message 36 times. I deleted the chat log and assumed this would be the end of it. It has continued to send the message more than 100 times today. How can this be resolved before I return the phone for a refund as is obviously a design fault?