Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Multiple issues with my PB

Having a great deal of trouble with my BB bridge.  I have a Bold 9700.  If, for any reason I turn off my phone, or turn off Bluetooth on my phone, the bridge disconnects and will not re-connect.  The only way I can re-establish the bridge is to delete bridge application from my smartphone, re-boot - take the battery out - boot phone back up, re-install bridge app, and go through the set-up process for bridge.  This doesn't even work everytime.  Today, had to do the whole process twice before it would re-establish the bridge.

Also, while the PB indicates that I am connected to wi-fi, the wi-fi browser does not work.  When I select any of the bookmarked addresses, the blue line on the top of the window goes about half-way across and then just freezes.  This too is somewhat random, as my wi-fi browser was working a few days ago - but yesterday and today, no good.  Won't connect to App World either today.

Pretty disappointed to have spent so much money on what I can now essentially only use to play bejewelled on.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Multiple issues with my PB

have you tried the latest version of Bridge released yesterday?

delete the BlueTooth Bridge profiles on both devices, update bridge app if not done already

Then perform a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry smartphone powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC.

on Playbook press power button and both Vol + - buttons for 10 seconds to reboot it.

setup bridge again and see if it persists.

What OS are you running on the 9700?

On your device, type in a new message MYVER and a space after to see and report back please.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Thank-you,  I have re-installed the bridge ap on my phone several times, and did do it yesterday - including the step of removing battery - so hopefully I got the latest version - the bridge has been working since then (although I've been afraid to turn either device off).  I am not sure how to delete the bridge application on my PB though if you could tell me how to do that, would be much appreciated.

The OS on my 9700 is 5.0 - it has been suggested to me that I should upgrade to 6.0, but when I tried to do that I was not successful. 

It may be clear by now - but I'm not much of a techie, just a business professional who loves her BB and wants to take full advantage of the PB.

T

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

9700 will run OS 6, it is a manual upgrade but worth it if you dont have tons of apps.

if you want to try OS 6

Manual device OS upgrade instructions:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

Enjoy the new OS.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

Thanks - you have been very helpful so far!  I do appreciate that.  I will follow your directions and hopefully get OS 6.

BTW, despite the "glitches", when everything is working, I am loving my PB.

T

Contributor

Hi,

Well, was able to get OS 6 following your instructions.  Noticed that BB apworld was missing once I finished, so downloaded it again, no problem.  However, now it's showing BB Bridge as "uninstalled" and does not have an option to "re-install".  I've tried using the barcode on the PlayBook - but it just brings me to that "uninstalled" Bridge version, which I can not seem to re-install.

Any suggestions?

Guru III
My Device:

Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC.

then try app world again to install it

if that dont work there is a manual way to install bridge here

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Get-BlackBerry-Bridge-for-your-BlackBerry...

Contributor

Was able to download BBBridge that way - and bridge is 95% working now - however, when I try to open BBM on my PB - I get this message

BlackBerry Bridge Plug-in for Blackberry Messenger does not exist, or your version of BBMessenger does not support BB Bridge.  Just on a hunch, I remember seeing an available upgrade for BBM on Apworld - going to try that.

Contributor

....and now it says BB Messenger End-User License Agreement not accepted on your device

Guru III
My Device:

on your phone, goto BBM and agree to it with bridge off.