Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: BT

Music Player won't show Artist or Album info.

Hi All

I'm looking for some help in setting up the music files on my new Playbook.

I've synced a few albums from my Windows Media Player and although they play fine on my PB, all that shows are the Titles of the tracks, no Album or Artist info. Selecting Album Artist or Genre just displays Unknown.

I've looked at the tracks within their respective folders and all the ID Tag information is correct.

Also I've transferred these tracks to other devices without a problem

Is this a common problem within the Playbook Music Player, and if so would I be better downloading an app such as Winamp?

Many thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Music Player won't show Artist or Album info.

I have downloaded Audiograbber to my laptop. Converted all my music to Mp3 then transferred it all to my PlayBook via Wifi. You get the album, artists, selections etc. Works great for me. Then on the PlayBook you can select what you want to put on the Playlist.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: BT

Thanks Lost_at_Sea, I'll give that one a try.

I've tried Mp3Tag in the past, which is also very good, but it doesn't recognise the files in my Playbook.

Maybe Audiograbber will show what the issue is.

Thanks again  

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

gmt124 wrote:

I've looked at the tracks within their respective folders and all the ID Tag information is correct.

what tool did you look the ID tags with ?

I know some tools have a cached database that stores info, even if the ID tags are empty.

that being said, I have never been a fan of the media sync. I simply drag'n'drop my files on the PlayBook using WiFi and Windows Explorer.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: