Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: RDJ21WW
My Carrier: None
Accepted Solution

Music files

Hello, this is my first time as a new member. I have 696 music files that I would like to delete all at the same time, and I don't know how to proceed. I would appreciate it very much if a member that had the same problem could help me. When I synchronized my playbook with my PC. It selected all my music,. I classify my music by genre. I wanted my playbook to install some specific files. I realized n that I had made an error. So I opened a new file to include the music  I needed for my playbook tablet and I transferred the rest of my music onto an  external disc. Now all  I have to do is to start all over  again, after I delete the music files in my playbook tablet. Thank you.                                                                                                                             

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

Re: Music files

[ Edited ]

You can delete all files quickly in one batch through Windows Explorer. That means connecting your PlayBook to Windows through the network. You will use Wi-Fi sharing on the PlayBook to connect to your PC. Once the PlayBook shows up in your network, you will be able to access it (if you have password protection turned on, you will need to know this and your network password...for example in my hypothetical case, my PlayBook has a username of playbook and a password of playbook13....in the Windows network dialogue box when you click on the PlayBook, I'd have to enter the above information. It takes a while, like up to a minute to initialize. But from there, you can browse to the media folder and music and then delete/copy/paste whatever you wish to your hearts content..Don't forget to shut off wi-fi sharing when completed to ensure security is maintained.

This is how to connect the PlayBook to a computer...

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=D07DAAD6533904C7D31786B27BDD16A6?...

Another one with a video:

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2011/06/playbook-copy-files/

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: RDJ21WW
My Carrier: None

Re: Music files

Thank you very much for your quick reponse, Your information is very important to me, I managed to delete my music files but had to re-charged the battery and I tried to synchronied my PC and the playbook tablet but I get a message that I have to configure it before. I am not sure how I can configure the playbook.