Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Music quality on the playbook with release 2.0.1.358

Has anyone noticed the a sound deterioration with this version of OS 2.0.1.358? I am a music enthusiast and with "Audiophile credentials"

The sound quality has become poor. The previous version of 2.0 was great. the music was clear and had lots of imaging and very spacious. The new version lacks imaging, not spacious, however I noticed the Bass is stronger and more firm.

The main issue for me is the distortion. Previously you could turn the music up and there were no distortions on maximum level from the headphones. Now the distortion is noticeable.

Can someone share some light on this. Music  was ripped in 24bit 96khz

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Music quality on the playbook with release 2.0.1.358

I am no expert but tli don't notice any difference.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

For Audiofile quality music I usually listen to my stereo not my playbook any music on the playbook is compressed so an audiofile would know not to complain about  music quality on the playbook

Contributor

So if you are an audiophile, then don't listen to music on mobile devices? That is a ridiculous answer. The PlayBook Harware is able to play ripped music at 24bit 192khz. This is not about comparing the PlayBook with audiophile harware, it certainly does not come close. I must point out that there are only a few portable devices, or mp3 digital players cabable of this resolution. The clarity of music has definately changed on the PlayBook. If you are using expensive headphones you notice even minimal changes, regardless of whether they are audiophile quality etc. Also remember the PlayBook will be a stereo acceesory in a porche google it. It seems the codec used on the device has changed. If you don't listen to music through the PlayBook or have never its not worth commenting as you will not know what I'm talking about. I want people that use the device to commute and listen to music through their headphones using the PlayBook to comment on this. Thus between the period 21 Feb to when OS2 was released and now when it has Beeen upgraded to 2.0.1.358
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

louishlomador wrote:
So if you are an audiophile, then don't listen to music on mobile devices? That is a ridiculous answer. The PlayBook Harware is able to play ripped music at 24bit 192khz. This is not about comparing the PlayBook with audiophile harware, it certainly does not come close. I must point out that there are only a few portable devices, or mp3 digital players cabable of this resolution. The clarity of music has definately changed on the PlayBook. If you are using expensive headphones you notice even minimal changes, regardless of whether they are audiophile quality etc. Also remember the PlayBook will be a stereo acceesory in a porche google it. It seems the codec used on the device has changed. If you don't listen to music through the PlayBook or have never its not worth commenting as you will not know what I'm talking about. I want people that use the device to commute and listen to music through their headphones using the PlayBook to comment on this. Thus between the period 21 Feb to when OS2 was released and now when it has Beeen upgraded to 2.0.1.358

Well, I used it every day to go back and forth to work, and that is since April 19 (day one), and there is absolutely no diffrence in the quality of the sound, the only difference that I saw, was when OS 2 came out I was able to use the Bluetooth headset instead of the one using the 2 feet cable

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 32GB, Q10
My Carrier: Bell

I listen to music every day with my playbook and now with this update the sound is terrible, what happend?

Contributor

Yes! I have the same problem. The music has lost its definition and detail. I must say there is more bass, but has destroyed the clarity. Something has definitely gone wrong somewhere. RIM developers I hope you are reading

franceperreault wrote:

I listen to music every day with my playbook and now with this update the sound is terrible, what happend?