Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: VivaCell

My BB Playbook doesn't charge and turn on. Nothing can solve this problem. Please help!!!!

Hi everybody!

My BB playbook doesn't charge and turn on.  

When I tried to charge it,  at first ,the red color appears for 10 seconds and after the green color starts blinking several times. And that's all. Every time when I am charging it the same thing is repeating. What should I do in this case???

If someone knows how to solve this issue please HELP!

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: My BB Playbook doesn't charge and turn on. Nothing can solve this problem. Please help!!!!

Hey LM344,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

If you're receiving the flashing green LED light, it sounds like the BlackBerry PlayBook battery is completely drained.  I suggest plugged the BlackBerry PlayBook into the wall charger for several hours to get a charge again.

Let me know if the issue still persists after charging it after several hours.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Re: My BB Playbook doesn't charge and turn on. Nothing can solve this problem. Please help!!!!

My playbook seems to be having this issue also or at least a similar one. i have it on the rapid charging dock and i get a solid green led but the playbbok never seems to turn itself on. i can turn it on and it will work for awhile then the screen goes black, but the backlight is still on. i can then press the power button then the screen goes dark. i can then swipe the screen and wake it up. then at random the screen will blank out again with the backlight still on...
Super Contributor

Playbook will not turn itself on! If you get steady green charge light, it is presumably powered off. You then need to turn it on. It will then boot through the "bubble sequence" 

When it boots eventually what does the battery icon indicate is the % battery charge?

If the charge is around 100% and it still behaves this way, it suggests hardware failureto me. It is not normal behaviour.

Sarah.
New Contributor

Also while it is off and I remove it from the charger I get a plug with an arrow pointing to a lightning bolt icon. I usually place it back on the charger and I get the pulsing green light for a few minutes then back to solid green. If I remove it from the charger I get the same icon again. If I power it on sometimes it boots just fine and I can use it, other times the screen blanks out before it completed the boot.
Super Contributor

The green battery icon is normal. Says it's finished Red one says not charged yet. That is all normal.  boot should tske three minutes. What is not normal is blanking out. Dry joint at battery strap inside is possible. 

See my post here

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Battery-has-gone-bonkers/m-p/2557007#M642...

Warnings, copy important files to pc by wifi sharing. Could kill the playbook. 

Sarah.
New Contributor

well its not a battery icon, its a plug icon like its wanting me to plug it back in... it was on this morning i swiped the screen to wake it up, said the battery was at 97% and it was sitting on the charger. i temoved it and put it back on. never could get the bolt over the battery in the upper right hand corner. i turned it off and placed it back on the rapid charger dock and it started charging
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes my explanation was not very accurate. Meant to say "Green icon related to battery"  although I get it even if charging is complete. Here is the full explanation.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB27705

EDIT: more info...

If you said it was there when you looked at it this morning (assuming before you touched it and whilst it was still on the stand) then the contact must have been broken, either by dirt in the three pins (either side) or by a dry joing inside the Playbook. It should not appear whilst successfully charging. 

Also I have never seen it whilst in standby (i.e. so it can be awoken by a swipe) only when powered off. 

Go on, take the back off and have a poke around!. 

Sarah.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Well I get that icon whenever it is off and I take it off the charger. I went to turn it on and I started to get all the color bubbles and then the screen went blank with the back light still on. So I powered it off, opened it up and cleaned all the contacts and such inside with some 91% alcohol. Let it dry real well, put it back together, placed on charger while off until I got a solid green led. Powered it on, it started to boot, then the blank screen... I'm not sure what else to do. As a side note, if I leave it alone it will finish booting. I can swipe the screen after the back light goes out, then I might be able to use it for a few minutes to an hour before the screen goes blank....
Super Contributor

If you undid the two small screws and took off the battery strap  and replaced it after cleaning that's about as far as it goes with do-it-yourself fixes. Repair in a shop will be uneconomic.

Sarah.