Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: My Blackberry Tablet was forced to upgrade and lost everythin

Desktop software does have a warning in it now unless you did not upgrade it yet.

I doubt there is anything you can get back after the reload. BlackBerry makes a secure device and all data is destroyed upon reload.

I would suggest getting a Box or Drop box account to sync multi devices (phone, tablet, PC and others)

This way once taken, you do have a backup.

I transfer my pics after every event to my PC on to 2 hard drives. I use wifi file sharing on playbooks so I dont have to wear out USB port and allows my kids to use theirs while backing up their files.

Then all gets archived to DVD and to several external drives.

I have lost many photos in the past due to a new drive failure in 8 hours. The only defense you have is multi copies.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook, BlackBerry 10 dev alpha device
My Carrier: mtn

dont worry about upgrading you devce, i did it and i lost nothing. however if you are still terified by those horror stories, just remember to backup your data on blackberry desktop manager it's simple.

Developer
My Device: NA
My Carrier: NA

You have to keep in mind, approximately 1/3 of PlayBook users cannot backup their devices.

This is caused by unfixed bugs between the PlayBook oprating system (where sometimes you remove anapplication, but it stays registered as installed on your device) and Desktop / Link backup (where i generates a backup error when it tries to copy the application that should be installed - but isnt).

There is a related bug where if file / folder permissins get mucked up, the same also happens.

Telling someone its their ault for not backing up the device is almost laughable.  You should be concerned about upgrading if you cannot backup your device.  Not every upgrade goes smooth.