Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: ATT

My Camera Wont Start

Hello there,
my camera won't start as it tells me 'close current application and restart camera' even without opening any application. I have almost deleted the all the purchased and free applications I have! What could be the cause of this and what could be done?? HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: My Camera Wont Start

Do a security wipe. shot down the pb and connect to the desktop manager via usb cable. turn on the pb and select update when it appears on the computer screen. follow the instructions on the computer screen.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: ATT

Thanks for the advice.. Do I need internet connection on my computer to run this update? I don't have the desktop manager on my computer but can I install the disc that came with a bb bold as well? Will it work for curve?
Forums Veteran I

yes internet to your computer is needed. remember backup any data like pictures. any apps from app world can be re downloaded. the reason for the internet connection is you are going to force an update to the os. some times the ota updates will become corrupt. per support. hope this helps.
Forums Veteran I

yes internet to your computer is needed. remember backup any data like pictures. any apps from app world can be re downloaded. the reason for the internet connection is you are going to force an update to the os. some times the ota updates will become corrupt. per support. hope this helps. and as long as the curve has os 5 or higher and the latest bridge and bbm u should have no problems.

Forums Veteran I

You also need the latest DMS so update that first. Also u will be updating the playbook.