Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800; BB Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

My Playbook will not recognize my network, and won't connect

[ Edited ]

I have this exact problem.  My Playbook will not recognize my network, and won't connect.  My Torch was exhibiting the same symptoms, (telling me that no networks were available)  but has since re-connected itself to the network.  I KNOW the network is operating, as there are multiple other devices conncected to it that work just fine, including the computer I'm using to type this.  (I'm also not out of range) This follows a problem I had with Blackberry bridge, which took a bunch of time to sort out, and maybe still isn't sorted out, although the problem exists regardless of whether bluetooth is on or off.   I've rebooted the Playbook, deleted all of my saved networks and tried to start fresh, but to no avail.  The message I get is that there are no networks currently available.  When I try manually connecting, the message I get is that the  authentication timed out, and that I should check my password.  My phone (BB Torch 9800)  also acted a bit strange when I disonnected it from Wifi, but it has since re-connected.   I'm at a loss as to what to do.  Help anyone?

(edited title to refect the content)

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: sudden problems

I posted a few things to look at here

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/WiFI-Conection-issues/m-p/1799563/highlig...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks.  Much appreciated.   I will take a look and report back on the results.

Highlighted
New Contributor

The solution you described worked for me, as I now have connectivity, just like I did previously.

Thanks!  Very much appreciated.

Not clear to me how I click "Accept as a solution" .  Where do I find that?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

glad to hear it, A mod will split the thread so you can mark you issue solved soon. Try now.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V