Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Sasktel
Accepted Solution

My Playbook will not turn back on

Two days ago I left my Playbook on for the whole day and when I came back to it, on the screen it indicated that I only had 13% power left, so I turned it off tapping on the power bar and taping the off button.

I have since tried to recharge. The red light turned on for about 5 seconds and turns off. I can't turn the unit back on. I have unpluged it several times and replugged it to get the same 5 second tease, results. I have held down the power button with and without the volume buttons pushed in, leaving many minutes for the unit to relax, as well and still no success turning it back on or getting the familiar pulse of recharging.

What else can I do?

Mitch

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: My Playbook will not turn back on

Hello mitchBeaudoin

Welcome to the Community

Please check this Article:

BlackBerry PlayBook Power - Battery charge and discharge characteristics

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Hello mitchBeaudoin

Welcome to the Community

Please check this Article and see if it helps

BlackBerry PlayBook Power - Battery charge and discharge characteristics

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Forums Advisor II
My Device: PRIV Android 6.0 Beta, Passport, Z30, Q10, Z10, PlayBook

mitchBeaudoin ha escrito:

Two days ago I left my Playbook on for the whole day and when I came back to it, on the screen it indicated that I only had 13% power left, so I turned it off tapping on the power bar and taping the off button.

I have since tried to recharge. The red light turned on for about 5 seconds and turns off. I can't turn the unit back on. I have unpluged it several times and replugged it to get the same 5 second tease, results. I have held down the power button with and without the volume buttons pushed in, leaving many minutes for the unit to relax, as well and still no success turning it back on or getting the familiar pulse of recharging.

What else can I do?

Mitch

Hi,

Did u solve it?

BlackBerry Elite Support - BlackBerry PRIV Marshmallow 6.0 Beta. /Passport/Z30/Q10/Z10/PlayBook, #BlackBerryFanOfTheMonth
(Not BB Employee)
Contributor

No, it's still out of commission. Do you have other suggestions?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860/9850
My Carrier: Telstra

"Two days ago I left my Playbook on for the whole day and when I came back to it, on the screen it indicated that I only had 13% power left, so I turned it off tapping on the power bar and taping the off button.

What else can I do?

Mitch"

Hi Mitch, in regards to your above listed comment I had the same issue which all began last week. After many attempts at trying to charge the battery unit up by connecting the power cord in for 2 minutes and then pulling it out for 8 seconds (which I had to repeat 10 times) my girlfriend suggested that I contact the retailer who sold it to me (which was Harvey Normans here in Australia). I have since done this and they said that the good news was that my PlayBook was still under warranty and that they would send it away to get repaired (after having me sign a waiver that they would not be held liable for any other loss of data if this in actual fact happened during the repair phase). I dont mind this as I had to previously do a factory reset once before to get it connected to my Apple I-mac (which I have since gotten rid of and exchanged for a Windows based computer which can more effectively link-up to my Blackberry PlayBook) and the apps in Blackberry Apps World allowed me to 're-install' at no extra cost as I had already purchased them prior to the factory reset. Only thing was that I had to scroll through Apps World and re-find the Apps that I had previously installed!!

Also after I asked them how long it should take to be repaired they told me a week to a week and a half which should place it around the 11th July 2012 mark - I will keep you posted on how I go with this.

Anyhow, my only advice to you would be to take it back to the retailer at which you purchased it and see how you go with that??

Contributor

Thanks for the advise.

Since this was purchased seperately and not through a retailer I will have to get a quote to get it repaired. I don't know what they will charge.

C'est la vie.

Forums Advisor II
My Device: PRIV Android 6.0 Beta, Passport, Z30, Q10, Z10, PlayBook

What country are u Mitch?
BlackBerry Elite Support - BlackBerry PRIV Marshmallow 6.0 Beta. /Passport/Z30/Q10/Z10/PlayBook, #BlackBerryFanOfTheMonth
(Not BB Employee)
Contributor

Canada

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860/9850
My Carrier: Telstra

Yep no worries Mitch,

When you say you got it seperately I assume that you mean sold to you privately? Anyhow, good luck with the quote!!

Boxy7