Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Re: My app world is not working

Thank you dear for your posts, i've read your first post post and it's my mistake i should have said that most of us are facing this problem.

Now if it is a problem of location as you have mentioned this will cause a big problem for some of us like. And if it a problem of provider this is something that i couldn't understand,why now it needs a provider to wirk while before it didn't.

I will try to contact whoever is capable of helping us and hopefully will get back to you with a solution.

Thankyou again, have a nice day Smiley Happy.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

someCanadian wrote:
>I really hope BlackBerry is working on a fix for this.

Do they bother to at least skim their forums? I only showed up here to complain because I'm not forking out $49 for per-incident support to hear them tell me there's no fix and it's not their fault so they're not refunding me.

I'd rather ditch the Playbook and move to another tablet.

If you tweet, follow @blackberryhelp and ask them if there's a known problem etc.   I can't find anything on the web about this possible problem, apart from this thread.

No they only respond to posts that have had zero responses for a week or so. Mostly for appearances sake. Otherwise they don't take any notice. If they did we would have had many niggles fixed by now.

My Device: PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

If there is a fix for this, it will probably be included in the next OS update, whenever that may be. (An update is LONG overdue now. Come on BlackBerry, help us!)
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 4G LTE 32GB
My Carrier: None

[ Edited ]

I fixed my Playbook - since an OTA wasn't a viable option due to my crime of not using the cellular connection, and I'd already wiped the device thinking that would fix a corrupt configuration issue (and so lost all my apps anyway), I decided I had nothing to lose.

I found a torrent of the leaked 2.1.0.1753, plugged in my Playbook with a USB cable, ran the executable and... my device has now finally passed OS 2.1.0.668, and the BlackBerry World app now functions.

On the upside, I'm now comfortable using DDPB to sideload .bar files, so I'm not limited to what BlackBerry offers me.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Yes, I upgraded to 2.1.0.1753 and BlackBerry World now works again.
Forums Veteran I

someCanadian wrote:

I fixed my Playbook - since an OTA wasn't a viable option due to my crime of not using the cellular connection, and I'd already wiped the device thinking that would fix a corrupt configuration issue (and so lost all my apps anyway), I decided I had nothing to lose.

I found a torrent of the leaked 2.1.0.1753, plugged in my Playbook with a USB cable, ran the executable and... my device has now finally passed OS 2.1.0.668, and the BlackBerry World app now functions.

On the upside, I'm now comfortable using DDPB to sideload .bar files, so I'm not limited to what BlackBerry offers me.

Not quite sure how loading the leak of 1753 gives you 668.  What happened? Most people who load the leak onto LTE pkaybooks retain 1753 but lose the cellular function due to lack of radio .bar files.

(in case anyone thinks to complain, we can discuss leaks so long as we don't put in links to the leak sources, as recently confirmed by mods)

My Device: Playbook 4G LTE 32GB
My Carrier: None

I didn't get 668, I finally passed 668. I am at 1753, and so far as I can tell, radio still works (at least the config options are still there... I'm not going to pay to get an unlock code for something I don't intend to use).
Forums Veteran I

someCanadian wrote:
I didn't get 668, I finally passed 668. I am at 1753, and so far as I can tell, radio still works (at least the config options are still there... I'm not going to pay to get an unlock code for something I don't intend to use).

Sorry, my bad! You have gotten past 668 at last - I understand now!

My Device: Bold9900 & playbook
My Carrier: T-kom

Dear community

My problems occured in Germany/Bavaria with t-online provider. After OS update to 2.1.0.1088 appworld worked again properly as usual. 

Regards to everybody who took care about solving the bug.

Contributor
My Device: BB 10 Dev alpha
My Carrier: -

I also suffered by this issue. I have 2.0.1.668 version currently installed, but my LTE Playbook tells me that there are no updates available for me.

I just cannot believe that there is no solution...