Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook 64gb
My Carrier: o2

My blackberry playbook wont connect to my laptop

I got the blackberry playbook 64gb for christmas and i love it but it wont connect to my laptop i haven't tried anything infear of breaking it please help im running windows home vista on my laptop

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

Re: My blackberry playbook wont connect to my laptop

Try downloading Blackberry Desktop to your computer

Gene
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook 64gb
My Carrier: o2

i have when i try to connect i just says a problem occured while trying to connect to your device

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Windows is not the easiest OS to work with in this problem. USB and WIndows don't always play well together.

Look at the following. Look particularly at WIFI section. It will allow you to safely copy and paste, or drag, files between PB and PC, without all the faff of the USB drivers failing.

KB26068

My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

If its a matter of transfering a few files pictures from laptop to playbook or vice versa..consider downloading Dropbox to your computer and Bluebox to your PB from the app store..put the files/pics into either dropbox or bluebox and retrieve them from the other device..there is a size limitation, but the more devices you load this on, the more space they give you..remove the ones you have transferred then add more and keep going...

Gene
My Device: z10
My Carrier: optus

I had this problem too...Are you using the software that came with your PlayBook on the cdrom? If so uninstall it and download the latest version of blackberry desktop manager... for whatever reason the cdrom software doesn't have the right driver.. it will then install your PB and map it as Z drive in My Computer
Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

[ Edited ]

There are two ways to connect your PlayBook to a computer. One is through wi-fi which involves a wireless internet connection and router. Two is through a microUSB cable connected to both the laptop and the tablet.

The problems could be many if this isn't happening for you. My advice is to try and isolate the system one step at a time. It could be your router settings, it could be software on your computer preventing the connection (firewall). It could be a faulty microUSB cable. It could be that you need to try a different USB port on your laptop.

Jarvisor gave you the best advice and the KB article he refers to is probably the most helpful. Barring that, go to YouTube and research videos or to Google and look for articles on how to connect the PlayBook to a Windows computer. Look at file sharing too on a wireless network.

Detailed help files can be found here: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/27018/Connections_1347556_11.jsp