Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: This is my little sisters Blackeberry Tablet
My Carrier: This is my little sisters Blackeberry Tablet

My lil Sister has the PlayBook but can't log in:)

Hi,

I know nothing about Blackberry, so pardon my ignorance.

I went over to see my younger sister and she shows me this pop-up message on her PlayBook asking for her log in details.

I created a brand new Blackberry ID for her and had it sent to my email, since she does not have one.

And, I got this email from Blackberry:

"Your BlackBerry® ID has been created

You've created a BlackBerry ID!
To enjoy the full benefits of your BlackBerry ID, confirm your email address by clicking on this link:"

However, she has tried countless times to log in and cannot.  I too went to her house and also cannot log in.

What are we doing wrong?

I have even gone to http://us.blackberry.com/bbid.html

and I can log in just fine in that website that belongs to blackberry but how come when I put that exact username and password I cannot log in?  I put in the username xxxxxx@myemail.com and password xxxxxx is that the correct format?

I'm so confused with this whole blackberry ID thing and i'm not a n00b with software/hardware devices.

Please advise

Thank you in advance

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: My lil Sister has the PlayBook but can't log in:)

In this process, is your sister at the very beginning of initial PlayBook setup process?

Is her home WiFi secured with a password?

Can you take the device to a local free open hotspot with NO security like a McDonalds or Starbucks and perform the initial setup for her?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, she has had the Playbook for almost 3months now and I just found out about this issue last week.

So when you ask "is your sister at the very beginning of initial PlayBook setup process" I cannot fully answer that because I had never even seen a PlayBook in my life let alone know what the initial setup process is (again pardon my Blackberry ignorance).

Making an educated guess I would say no it's not the initial Playbook process but then again I don't know what the initial process looks like.

All, I know is that she is able to go on YouTube and the device looks and acts amazing but she keeps getting this Pop-Up message to asking for a BlackBerry ID to Log in.

Perhaps I can take a screenshot but I do not have the device with me.

Next you asked "Is her home WiFi secured with a password?"  I do not know that for I do not live there nor did I set up her Wi-Fi.

What I do know is that her device is online for she is able to go on YouTube and the like.

Next you asked "Can you take the device to a local free open hotspot with NO security like a McDonalds or Starbucks and perform the initial setup for her?"

That is a twofold question:

The 1st part, in lieu of going to an open free Hotspot like McDonalds, coun't I simply log in to her home Wi-Fi and disable temporarly her Wi-Fi WPA or whatever password form she may have?

2nd part, how can I perform an initial setup for her if I do not know what the initial setup looks like?

In other words, how can I reset the device to look like it came out of the Blackberry factory?

Thank you for the lighting speed reply, i'm most grateful.

GiovannaTheVet wrote:

All, I know is that she is able to go on YouTube and the device looks and acts amazing but she keeps getting this Pop-Up message to asking for a BlackBerry ID to Log in.

That answers my primary question... yes the device has been already setup and being used.

Please look at this for me... Tap the Options icon in the upper right corner (looks like a 'gear or cog') and then touch BlackBerryID. Is here information entered there (name, screen name, BBID username)?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thank you so much for your speedy replies.

It may take a few days before I see her again.  But, I will post a reply so that I may further be instructed on how to proceed.

OK, no problem... just post back here in this thread and I will see it.

Knowledge Base Updates

GiovannaTheVet wrote:

To enjoy the full benefits of your BlackBerry ID, confirm your email address by clicking on this link:"

Oh, and did you do that, in red?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Yes, I did do that.

That's why I was shocked to see that not only did I confirm my email by clicking on that link you mentioned but I also am able to log in via the BlackerryID website from my PC.

That's actually how I found this forum.  I'm happy to have someone like you help and reply.

Look forward to doing the step you mentioned in previous two posts.