Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

NO BlackBerry 10 for PlayBook - Thorsten Heins LIED to all of us.

[ Edited ]

Today, June 28, 2013, at the quarterly conference call, BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins announced that BlackBerry 10 would NOT be coming to the PlayBook as previously expected. He tried to weasel out and say that apparently the performance wasn't up to snuff, and Heins wanted the focus back onto core products (read, wants us PlayBook users to go away with our tail between our legs because we're not important). They did say that they'd continue supporting the platform in its existing state what ever that's worth to you and your now antique tablet.

So there you have it folks, THEY FLAT OUT LIED TO ALL OF US! Take this into consideration when you lay down money for a BlackBerry product in the future. When my Torch 9810 and PlayBook die in the future, so will ANY of my business towards this terrible company...stay far, far away from these people and their products.

They've sunk their own ship now. Time to go to Android...

Sources:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-announces-bb10-not-coming-playbook

http://nerdberry.net/2013/06/28/no-blackberry-10-for-the-blackberry-playbook/

So this means, you will NOT be getting an update to the Android Player and that ALL NEW APP RELEASES WILL NOT WORK on your PlayBook. The app ecosystem for the PlayBook is now a DEAD END.

My adivce is to not take this sitting down. Get on Twitter, Facebook, your blogs, call up BlackBerry themselves and give the world your opinion - LOUDLY! If you're fine with being lied to then, do nothing...How does it feel to be strung along?

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: NO BlackBerry 10 for PlayBook - Thorsten Heins LIED to all of us.

Heins did a **bleep** poor job on that statement. Nothing at all! these devices should be recalled from all stores immediately! and BB should be giving back the money people just paid to purchase one! My family has 3 of them and I personally talked 10 people into getting one and now I look like an A$$hole! 

Rethink it BB, as "Support" is not good enough.

Anyone got a good lawyer!