Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Native Email with Lotus Notes/ Domino?

Hi all,

Haven't found a way to make this work yet with OS 2.  Gmail, Hotmail, etc...native email working great, but can't figure out how or if I can set up my BES/Desktop corporate email.  

I see the Active Sync option - and we do have Louts Traveler installed for all of our Apple junkies...tried using the same info we provide to set up active sync profiles for iPhones & iPads...no joy.

Anyone else?  I would be beyond thrilled to have my Notes mail on my PB without bridge Smiley Happy

Thanks!  

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Native Email with Lotus Notes/ Domino?

BlackBerry Fusion might be needed for this.

http://us.blackberry.com/business/software/mobilefusion/

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.  I was kind of hoping that wasn't the case, though I can see how/why it would be required.  

I am going to see if we can possibly trick Lotus Traveler & use an active sync profile somehow.  Never know unless you try!  

I still need to get my BES up to 5.0.3 before I can try Fusion.

If I get it to work, I'll post here.  Have a great day Smiley Happy

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

please let us know if it works.

hope you have a great day as well.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

OK, so since I am hellbent on making this work...here's what I've done so far.

Downloaded an Android Browser (Boat Browser).

Connected to my Lotus Traveler page & downloaded the .apk file.

Problem now is I think I need an Android file browser (like Astro File Manager, or something) in order to install the APK file.  If I can find a way to make Notes run in the Android player, it's all good...at least till Fusion is released.

IBM posted a note today very frankly stating:

"IBM Lotus Notes Traveler does NOT support the BlackBerry PlayBook.

Please contact RIM for BlackBerry PlayBook support."

OK, fine.  That doesn't mean it can't be hacked Smiley Wink

Contributor

WOOT!!  Update.

Somehow got it to work with the Active Sync option.  I really didn't change anything...just tried it one more time...and it worked.  Life is good, I have Native Lotus Notes email on my PB!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q / Playbook
My Carrier: Siminn

In the top right corner of your screen click on the administration star

select accounts

select add new account

select email, calendar and contacts

select Advanced Setup

Select "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync"

Now fill in the following info:

Desciption: <your description>

Domain: empty

username: <your Lotus Notes Short name/UserID from your personal document in the corporate Domino address book>

email address:  <your Internet address from your personal document in the corporate Domino address book>

password: <your Internet password (the same you use to access your email through a browser)>

Server: <SERVERNAME/servlet/traveler (SERVERNAME is the servername you your when accessing your email through browser)>

And then press CONTINUE and whoola...

My Device: 16 GB Playbook

OUTSTANDING!!

Thanks so much for this. I have been trying to go the route of converting .apk files to .bar files, then sidelaoding them, in the hopes of getting my Lotus Notes Traveler mail on my PB.

This took all of 45 SECONDS to get my mail up and running!

Someone buy this person an adult beverage (or two ) on me please!!! :-)
Contributor

It_fella, this made me chuckle Smiley Happy

My original problem ended up being that my short name (firstinitiallastname) was missing from my person doc.  DOH!!  Apparently Traveler does not like  "firstname lastname" as an active sync profile....

New Developer
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

What is the syntax of the SERVERNAME you're entering? I'm using servername.domain.com/servlet/traveler, not working (even though I can browse to this address). The servername is the name of my Traveler server, not my mail server. The URL "mailservername.domain.com/servlet/traveler" obviously doesn't work.

You mention that "SERVERNAME is the servername you your when accessing your email through browser", but if I just user "mailservername.domain.com", it doesn't work, even though this is the URL I user for iNotes access, and can access this using the browser on the playbook.

Thanks,