Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

NeEd SoMe SuPpOrT P

hi

i was steered into purchasing the playbook by a young man in PC world, primarily for the 64gb capacity so that i can put my son some games and films on.

however, i cant seem to access my itunes to transfer the films, or even to get Google play!! 

I'm very close to just putting it on ebay, but don't really want to do that because on the whole, I like it.

I am not very technology minded and the language is confusing to me. I am not stupid, however my degree did not call for technical abilities,  I'm in medicine!  so please don't bombard me with language I won't understand.

Thank you.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64gb (wifi)
My Carrier: orange UK

Re: NeEd SoMe SuPpOrT P

[ Edited ]

Like me, you have been given incorrect information by the salesman.

The only information I can give, in plain english, regarding operating systems

Apple runs Apple apps

Android runs Android apps

Windows mobile runs Windows apps

Blackberry runs Blackberry apps

None are compatible with another system.

Some app developers make their apps for a few operating syetems, but not for usually all. In a few months the new update for the Blackberry sytem is due and you may get the apps you require. None of us know which they will actually be yet.

If you specifically want Apple and Android apps then you should return to the saleperson and comment 'not fit for purpose'.

I have never used itunes, however many Android apps can be obtained by what is called 'sideloading'. I have sideloaded but many of the apps do not worked correctly as they were not actually written for Blackberry.

I personnally prefer the Playbook to the Apple and Android tablets. The origal cost of £525 reduced to £129 was a great incentive. The Quality and feel of the tablet is excellent and the apps that I use are every bit as good as others.

I did ask the saleperson if it would run 'Skype and Copilot'. I was assured it would. He told fibs. It runs neither. But I have Playbook apps that do the same. So, I have retained and I am happy.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ross

Regards to all (except BB)
Contributor

Hi 

Thank you so much for your reply.

I know that blackberry run a music buying application, but can't find one to buy films from.  

I do like the playbook, I just need to be able to play films/programmes on it.  Surely this is fundamental rather than desirable in this day and age.  It just seems very "old"that it won't do these things! 

Unfortunately ebay it is :-(

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am sure that some of the members will reply and give you information on how to obtain films and music. I have put films and music onto the Playbook by using the usb connection with the PC. You haven't said what programmes you wish to run. Again, inform and members may offer advice.

Regards

Ross

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks ross

I really appreciate you trying to help. The films I have on my pc are currently on itunes so no good apparently!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have sent you a private message if you want to video chat or skype.

click the envelope at the top to see your messages.