Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: 9780 & Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Need for Speed not supported on current profile

Hi Folks,

I just got a playbook today and when I try to download Need for Speed from the app store it says "This item is not supported by your current device profile"

The tetris says the same thing, I can download other apps without issue though.

I'm running OS version 1.0.3.1868 and connected to wifi.

Anyone know what causes this or how I can get around it?

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: Need for Speed not supported on current profile

The question is WHERE are you?

I'm in the UK and had this problem until yesterday.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're in a region that doesn't have the PlayBook on commercial release yet.

To get around this, you need to set up your PlayBook's network connection to use a USA public proxy, so that App World thinks that you're in North America. Look at this page: USA Open Proxy List

Hope this helps you.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned that too.  I'm in Canada.

I assume Canada should have access to most of the stuff?

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Ah, that you should then Smiley Happy

I'm stumped. Unless someone else has experienced this, all I can suggest is contacting RIM Technical Support and asking them.

In the meantime, you could have a crack at the proxy settings and see if it makes a difference, but I'm guessing it won't now.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Well it works now.  I didn't change anything so I'm not sure what the problem was.

Appreciate your help Cas.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 & PlayBook 64

i had the same experience today (also in Canada). Two versions in app world.
i deleted NFS and still saw two versions in app world - one that said it had updated hd graphics but it said not available for my profile. I tried to download the other one once it was deleted but it still wouldn't let me. It is now gone from app world. Based on this it is my guess there will be an updated version shortly... I have noticed the standard one doesn't lock orientation which can be annoying...hopefully that will be fixed
Developer
My Device: PRIV, Passport, Z30, Q10, Z10

not only F4S with this issue...

I had Tetris (EA) installed - worked great...

Then they came with a upgrade to v2x... From that moment on - AppWorld telling me the same .. that the app is not supported on current profile... The previous version, the one I have downloaded and installed already - are no longer showing up in AppWorld.

Really makes me wonder about the whole AppWorld thing... can we trust it?

What about our purchases - will we be able to update? What if we need to re-install the apps - and suddenly they are no longer available?

I dont want MY customers to have trouble with software I want to sell - and I really dont want to make any purchases from AppWorld until I see some official statement from RIM explaining what is going on.

Some has suggested it can have something to do with location - but - as we have seen from this thread - it happens to people anywhere... so I doubt that is the case,.. and IF that is what RIM say - then I think it is just a "brush off" until they know what is going on... Appworld seems to be broken

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 & PlayBook 64

Hi Lindstrom

I'm confident that upgrading is working fine, both on paid, and free applications as it has worked for me to this date.  I doubt there is much difference with this app world and the regular BB one that has been running for years.  I think what likely happened is the developer submitted it incorrectly, as I saw an upgrade for NFS today as I predicted yesterday.