Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: T-mobile

Need help resetting my playbook tablet to the way it was when I bought it

HI,  I bought the Blackberry playbook tablet about 6 months ago.  I've used it just to get online about 5 times.  All I have done is set it up to my wifi so I could use it and of course have my username and password on it.  It's still practically brand new.   I havn't downloaded anything on it.  I never connected it to my computer.   I don't use it so I want to get rid of it  but  i don't know how to reset it to get it back to the way it was when I first got it.  I want it back to the way it was before I set it up to my wifi and with no username or password so someone else can set it up for themself.  It came with apps (like facebook and youtube for example) on it already so  I don't want to erase those if possible.  Thanks for any help. 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS; PlayBook w/OS
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Need help resetting my playbook tablet to the way it was when I bought it

[ Edited ]

There are two methods. One is to do a Security Wipe on the device. You can find that in Settings >Security and Privacy. However, it doesn't leave the built-in wallpapers and some other minor things.

I recommend using BB Link to just reinstall the OS. Both take about the same amount of time but reinstalling the OS leaves it just as it was out of the box.

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!