Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Virgin mobile

Nested folders

I am a non-business user who has looked forward to holding a PlayBook in my hands for months  ...and now I have one. But I have a problem; when I transferred our photo album, the folder structure was lost. I can see it when I look at the PlayBook from my networked laptop, but if I go to Photos on the PB, only the bottom-level folders have become 'Albums'. When you have 6000 photos, this is unworkable.

Have I done something wrong? Or are nested folders not available in the PB operating system?

Also, why can't I seem to use the PB in portrait mode to look at photos? It works for browsing, and videos, and ebooks, but not for photos??

Thanks for any help. I really want to go with the PB for my tablet!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Nested folders

So far, it does appear that the folder structure does not sync over, others have noticed that as well... hopefully it will be rectified with a new update.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

Does anybody from RIM monitor questions asked in this forum? With regard to the file structure problem, is this something that is likely to be fixed soon? I would be willing to wait a bit, but if this is something that might or might not be fixed in six months, then it's a deal breaker. I would really regret having to return the PB after waiting so expectantly to get one, but with the loss of file structure I find it nearly unusable.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Tour alarm clock
My Carrier: nada

I think that will be an update issue, but I can tell you this from my new experience with my PB, a lot of horrible execution when stuff is loaded on the thing, I think an update will come soon, BB is supposed to be teaming with Android, and that will solve A LOT
From an Apple or Android device
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch, Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Canada

QNX the underlying OS supports nested folders, so what we are seeing is at the user interface level.

Probably the result of a shortcut to reduce time to market and should be relatively easy to fix.

--Bryan

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Fastartcee I am the same kind of user as you, got it for photos, vids , tutorials & browsing . So far videos don't import with the correct aspect ratio ( a circle on my pc becomes an oval on the Playbook) and I cannot import pictures at the size I want, the Playbook resizes them. I have posted about his a couple of times, have not got any answers yet. As this is advertised as a media dynamo as well as a business solution, I really hope they can fix these important issues. Can you see your preloaded video or wallpapers when you connect to your pc? I cannot find them anywhere... thought I might get a clue as to aspect ratios or image sizes.

Regular Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: n/a

check in this directory to see of it shows your nestdd folder at lwast in the system. if so, the system isnot recognizing your directories ans is doing a general seafch for the pix files. type the following into the address bar of the web browser
file:///accounts/1000/shared

also, if you want to look around, though most islocked up for now, you can see the entire file system by just typing file: in the address bar of the web rosser...

btw...hate the typing accuracy of capacitive.
Regular Contributor

No, I can't find the pre-loaded stuff, but all the photos I loaded, with the proper file structure, is there. I would very much like to hear from someone at RIM who could assure me that the file structure issue, and the auto-rotate issue will be fixed soon  ...along with the aspect ratio issue for videos that you mentioned.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700, 64GB Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

This was being discussed in another thread as well.  I have the same issue with .pdf documents.  I am hoping a fix comes soon as it sucks to scroll through 600+ .pdfs to find the one I am looking for.

The search function does help for looking through .pdfs but I am not sure how your images are named.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

It would also be nice to be able to double "click" a file to open files, instead of the click/touch ->file select -> press button open.

Vote Kudo to get this request noticed

-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------