Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: None

Network error: Failed to retrieve share list from server

[ Edited ]

When I tried to connect to the Playbook through my WiFi network, I got a network error.

WORKGROUP \\PLAYBOOK-728E Samba (localhost)

cli_start_connection: failed to connect to PLAYBOOK-728E(0.0.0.0). Error NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

I am not sure why the error occurs because SAMBA sees the device on the network, so I am presuming it is an authorisation or naming conflict issue. The default group name is correct.

Linux doesn't even see the device as USB, so it looks as if I will have to use the network for file transfers.