Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: None

Network file access?

I have two related network file access questions, since I didn't see any related info about how to do this here, so far.

Is there a PB solution for directly accessing files on my network? I have a wireless router and the PB is also wireless, but I can't seem to find a way of directly accessing files on my network access storage box.

Also, can any browser that runs on the PB access web pages on the PB itself?

I create my own web pages and want to load them off the PB's storage, but none of the browsers seem to have a load page command.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Network file access?

Hello ddalley

If you are using Windows on one of the computers connected to the same network and the Playbook's WiFi Sharing is ON, you can pull up an  explorer and type file://192.168.1.x - ip address of Playbook to your home network.

You may also wanna download Air Browser thru the Blackberry App World. It works like a Windows Explorer for your Playbook. Please let us know if this helps.

Goodluck

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Contributor

Thanks, Ron!

I have installed it, but haven't used it yet. It sounds like it will do the job.

Anyone have thoughts about loading of local HTML files?

Highlighted
Contributor

So far, I have not found a way to access my network files through the PlayBook.

There is an FTP program that I will have to try next.