Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint OS 5.0.0.459

Re: New Bridge & BBM

Horray! I got the updates for my style and now have BBM on my playbook. If only we had a way to text now.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8530 curve
My Carrier: cellular south

Are you using the App World version of BBM or Beta Zone Version of BBM?

New Contributor
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi All,

From my experience, the App World did not update me but there were new versions available.

When going to MyWorld and clicking on the Bridge and BBM apps, listed in Installed, I was offered the option to upgrade.

{Obviously, for ATT customers this would work for BBM but not Bridge.  But the same sources providing the roiginal download seem to have the new .83 version also}

So My combination on a Storm2 9550 is:  BBM 5.0.3.22, BB Bridge 1.0.0.83

From an experience point of view, single chats are great on the PB.  When you switch between apps, or chats, it tends to be pretty sluggish.

Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Working great Thanks
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

IMG_00000011.jpg
rifleman223 wrote:
Working great Thanks

How did you get the BBM to install, I can not find it anywhere, and my phone already has the latest one available

The image above is how the Blackberry bridge look like after I have updated the phone bridge

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor

i did not I have 6.0 beta and simply downloaded the latest bridge from the links provided for .083 then bbm appeared under the bridge menu
Contributor

I got the OTA from a link on the Crackberry.com site this morning
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Whait is OTA
---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor

Over The Air. You click on the link from your bb browser to download the jad. Should be at the first thread
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64G - BlackBerry 9810 (OS 7 )
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

This is what I did.  I was running a more current version of BlackBerry Messenger than the one found in the BlackBerry App World so I did a search for BlackBerry Messenger in the App world and clicked on the [Download] button.  I was then asked if I wanted to replace the version that I already had installed on my phone by the one found in the app world and I clicked on [Yes].  After BB Messenger was installed in my phone, I entered the appropriate URL http://bit.ly/Bridge83os6 if you are running OS 6 on your phone, or http://bit.ly/Bridge83os5 if your phone is running OS 5, into my phone's browser and installed the BlackBerry Bridge by again pressing on the [Download] button when prompted. I rebooted my phone as instructed.  When my phone was done rebooting, I then turned on the BlackBerry Playbook's Bluetooth, and there it was, a BBM icon  in the BlackBerry Bridge tab of the Playbook.  Of course, if this is your first time using the bridge application you will also have to pair your Playbook to your phone to have the BlackBerry Bridge icons pushed to the Playbook.

Don't forget to start up BlackBerry Messenger in your phone and click on [Accept] if you get the message "BlackBerry Messenger End-User License Agreement not accepted on your device." on your BlackBerry Playbook.