Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Re: New Device - Unable to download software update.

Same problem as everyone else.  The PlayBook is a POS plain and simple.  It will be going back to RIM so it can find it's proper home in a landfill in Waterloo and not in my back yard.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Seriously, is there no solution to this issue?  A brand new product that simply doesn't work???

The update will download but it won't install, WTF??

New Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

I have changed my router to B/G from B/G/N this has solved my problem....!

Only found this out after i had done the update....

To do the update I had to hook my laptop up to my router via a wired connection and change the channel as soon as the update stopped, this is what got me through the update lastnight....!

I have been playing around with it today and my BBPB kept killing my wifi and i had to keep resetting my router.  Though i have now changed the settings on my router to b/g and its been fine since.

have you tried this?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

The vast majority of problems with this issue is caused by your wifi router. To check this out try connecting to an open wifi signal either with a neighbor or a coffee shop that has open wifi setup. You may have to reinstall your wifi software.
Contributor
My Device: Z10 , Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Three UK

Here's a question for people having trouble connecting to  your own wireless Network , have you added the mac address to a wireless access station list you may have running on the router ? I have one running to stop outside access .

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Most problems with the initial connection to wifi and updating are router related. Try connecting to an open wifi signal from a neighbor or coffee shop. If you can connect to an open source, the problem will likely be a setting in your router.
You can upgrade your router software over the Internet.
Try these settings on your PB which were successful for me.
The wifi connection you want is WPA Personal. Once selected it will open a box asking for some info. It wants to know the name of your home network. You can likely get this from your laptop. Check and it will give the network name your laptop runs on. Next it wants to know the router access code. This is normally printed on the router, side, top, bottom. Have a look. It may be up to 26 numbers and letters long and it could be case sensitive. Write this number down exactly as listed on your router and enter it carefully into the box on your PlayBook.
Try this and let me know if it works.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: Mobilink

Simple solution,

Remove password from your wifi router and update. Will do that quick and stable. My OS 2 update , 520MB finished in 15 minutes.

Get Speedometer on your phone. http://www.speedometer.mobi