Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook & Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone UK
Accepted Solution

New Message Indicator?

When my inbox is empty of unread messages there is still an envelope icon on my status bar with a figure 1 next to it and the Message App icon has a red star on it?
Peter H
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900 Bridged to the Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: New Message Indicator?

A software glitch. To remove it you will need to restart Playbook.
If my response helps you correct any issue that you're having, award me a KUDO by pressing the Star below. Then press Accept As Solution.
Regular Contributor

I thought the restart had solved this but alas the icons are back and do not vanish with a restart!
Peter H
Contributor

I had to reinstall my software update XX.1710 then restart the PB to finally make it go away, but I have noticed that it comes back every now and then. I simply restart the PB to clear it. I have the same problem with my Curve 8900 from time to time which requires a battery pull.
If my response helps you correct any issue that you're having, award me a KUDO by pressing the Star below. Then press Accept As Solution.
Regular Contributor

sorry for the silly question but how do i reinstall the software update?
Peter H
Contributor

At the top of the screen select the gear icon, then select software update. If you can't download... simply delete one of the video programs... I deleted the NPS video program. It will reinstall when you download the update. The rest is self explanatory.
Regular Contributor

could not see a NPS program so removed the YouTube Video App but still the update page tells me I have the latest etc Now left with the icon but no YouTube! Smiley Happy
Peter H
Contributor

Try again and delete the video program that starts with N , yellow icon, not 100% sure what the letters are but it is always reinstalled
Regular Contributor

That sorted it! Will see how this now behaves although there is still the red star on the envelope on the mail app itself.

Thank you.
Peter H
Contributor

I figured out which program it was NFB.... a little late. Also, are you sure that you have closed out all of your browser windows used to view your email, It will not clear if one of the windows are still opened.