Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: New OS 2.1.0.1032 is available

OK, that didn't work!

Checked that my desktop software is the latest (7.1.0.32). Backed up the playbook. Disconnected, turned off the playbook (full off, not suspended), Turned off the desktop software, then restarted desktop software. Plugged in the playbook. Nothing happened. Waited 10 minutes. tried switching listed devices, still no obvious attempt to connect. Tried putting playbook in suspend state, but then plugging in the USB woke it up.

ps: When I woke up the playbook, it showed an update available to 2.1.0.1032., But if I look at help about, thats the version its running.

Any other suggestions?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32gb & Z30
My Carrier: Vodafone

Oddly enough whilst my PB needed the second phase of update, my wife's didn't!  I'd give it a try.  If it doesn't work try the process again.  One point to note, there does seem to be some suggestion that where the upgrade is problematic using an alternative wifi network may be beneficial...

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Just a side note, OS update 2.1.0.1088 is now available and is a ~79mb hotfix for certain issues.

Discussion on that update: 

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code