Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Sympatico

New Playbook Warranty

In the next while, I am about to purchase a new Playbook from a Future Shop Store. My question concerns the exact terms of the warranty. I know the Playbook comes with a one year warranty with certain limitations (eg: battery, screen, contact pins etc. are not part of the coverage). Future Shop has a 2 year warranty for $69.00 Can. which replaces the Rim one year warranty but covers everything including possible replacement of the Playbook itself. From the experience of the Playbook users in this forum, is it necessary to purchase an extra warranty? If so, what are the non-warranty problems that usually occur? If not can I just purchase the Playbook with the existing Rim Warranty? Apple apparently has the same restrictions with the iPad. It is my intention to follow the Playbook manual exactly when first setting up the Playbook, so any defect won't be of my causing. I have the manual, am also watching the instructional videos on the Rim website so that I'll be set to go when I get the Playbook. Thanks, Ken.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: New Playbook Warranty

Consumer reports claims most warranties are not needed.

I had mine rplaced on warranty for a camera issue but my kids 2 playbooks have worked fine for about 14+ months now and we just bought one for grandma.

Warranty is a gamble in some ways. Some swear by it and others do not. I usually do not get a warranty on electronic items unless it is very expensive.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Sympatico

Re: New Playbook Warranty

Thanks knottyrope. The guy at Rim tech support told me that whatever store policy is in effect that everything is covered for somewhere between 30 to 90 days including full replacement, will have to check on the Future Shop policy. If so, usually a major fault shows up in a very brief time. might just forget about the extra warranty, lets see what others in the forum have to say. I am quite open on this. Thanks, Ken.