Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone Qatar
Accepted Solution

No Video Chat on PlayBook

Hello Guys,

Me and my Friend got a PB, mine from San Diego Best Buy (Mission Valley) when I was on a trip, I got the Video chat app, while my friend bought it from STC, KSA and updated to latest OS but didn't get the Video Chat app.

What can he do?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: No Video Chat on PlayBook

maybe do the long power cycle:
ask him to click on the power button, and hold it for 10 seconds (I know, it is really a lot). Then the device will turn off and do the power cycle.

Maybe the icon will appear after that.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Super Contributor

Not fixed, he tried twice with no changes Smiley Sad
Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch and playbook also 9700 bold
My Carrier: telus

You might want to try to reinstall os. Hook it to pc. Start DM let it connect to the playbook. Then turn off playbook while still attached. Turn it on when it says update click update. It will take awhile but will update.
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Du

Hi, 

was this seriously fixed just by doing this?

I only ask because, i live in the UAE, and this may be another case of Big Brother blocking Video chatting like they did with the ipad... hmm... i'll keep searching the boards... hope someone can actually confirm and say that it works instead of just a kudos.

Thanks!

Super Contributor

@ralphmdvs.

Yes UAE is not allowed, so to get it, Security Wipe your device and at the initial setup select United States or Canada(English) and you will get it working Smiley Wink

But that was not my issue, my issue was the BBID, as I already own a US PlayBook from San Diego.
Super Contributor

Please be informed that making a security wipe will delete all your data, and I don't prefer taking a backup.

Just copy your media files manualy without a backup as a backup usually damages the OS.

You have to run a clean new OS US/CA based to get Video Chat.