Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

No Wifi connection available, but broadband service ok and main computer has internet access. Playbook fine last night

Got BT Home Hub broadband service. Main computer connected to internet, but Blackberry playbook will not connect although yesterday it worked fine. On the wifi screen it says the name of the home hub and at the end of the line there is like a no entry sign red with a white line across it. I have tried resetting the router which achieved nothing.

Can someone help please??

Contributor
My Device: Playbook Tablet (32Gb)
My Carrier: BT infiniti for home use with homehub3

Re: No Wifi connection available, but broadband service ok and main computer has internet access. Playbook fine last night

Check to see if you have BT-FON enabled on your router. I had no end of problems with using my Playbook with the homehub until I opted out of BT-FON(which by the way started to cause problems for some of the devices used in our home, such as laptops and ipads. If you dont want to disable/opt-out of BT-FON the only thing you can do is experiment with choosing different channels on the router/playbook and see if one of those works better for you. BB support suggested to me to use between channels 3 and 9....

Since I opted out of BT-FON ALL of my connection problems have disappeared.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: No Wifi connection available, but broadband service ok and main computer has internet access. Playbook fine last night

It sounds to me that the wifi for your network is turned off. Go back to the screen where you saw the minus sign and tap it, it will open a page where you can turn it on again. Let me know the results.
Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

jm1950 wrote:

Got BT Home Hub broadband service. Main computer connected to internet, but Blackberry playbook will not connect although yesterday it worked fine. On the wifi screen it says the name of the home hub and at the end of the line there is like a no entry sign red with a white line across it. I have tried resetting the router which achieved nothing.

Can someone help please??

Home hubs v2 and 3 come set up with wpa+wpa2 encryption. Pain in the neck for many devices.I would downgrade it to wpa2 type aes.

First though, go to playbook settings, wifi, saved networks, pencil, then trash the connection. Then in available networks connect again.  if that does not help, change the encryption

My Device: Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Orange

Many thanks for all your help and ideas. Sorted.