Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: No wifi connection since OS 2.1.0.1032 update...

I dont think there is any way to restore an older version without hacking into the machine with something like Dingleberry (which may or may not still be effective)  Thing is, everyone I know with the new 2.1 release have no problems apart from one or two on here. Its's not an OS bug and I doubt changing to an old OS would fix it now.

There's always a few people  in every forum for every hardware you can think of that loses wifi after an upgrade. No idea why, maybe it was the last straw that broke the camel's back. 

My Device: playbook 64GB
My Carrier: giffgaff

my one's wifi drops out frequently. to replace the chip means replacing the mobo right? might as well get a new playbook :/
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Out of warranty, without extended care package, unless you have access to spares I doubt any repair is much cheaper than the discounted new Playbooks currently being dumped on the market. 

My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

[ Edited ]

Can you check your router settings please? After reading the entire thread more closely, this may not make a difference in your case because of the errors you are getting, but at this point, what do you have to lose?

I have a thread on here that I would like you to review and see if your router settings match mine. One particular setting I had to change on my router was something called Channel Width. As soon as I made this one simply change, my PlayBook worked fine, not to mention all the other devices I had on the same network worked fine too.

Here's a thread where I mention the same fix to another user and it lists the link to my other thread on this with screenshots:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Problems-connecting-to-router-since-upgra...

It's worth a shot at least.