Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Accepted Solution

NoTethering Interet Access Support Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless does not support Blackberry smartphone (BB Curve 8330 0S 4.5) Bluetooth tethering for Internet access. Purchased the Playbook with the idea that this would be possible. Since it was not possible to connect to the internet via this method ended up returning the item for refund at Best Buy the next day. Hope RIM and Verizon Wireless get this problem sorted out in the future.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Re: NoTethering Interet Access Support Verizon Wireless

Thru the Bridge Browser you can cannect to the internet, I am using Verizon Wireless and have not had a problem.Wait for tether.com to come out with their software, I have been tethering my laptop with them no problems according to tehter.com they are working on the Playbook client.

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Do not confuse tethering with BlackBerry Bridge.  With the Bridge software installed (which Verizon does not block) you can use the Bridge Browser on the PlayBook to surf the web using your phone's data connection.  All of this comes with no additional fees from Verizon (or any cell phone provider for that matter).

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Creator of the Idea Catch PlayBook application

My favorite Apple product is apple sauce.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

[ Edited ]

Just found out today able to tether with the Verizon Mobile Broadband Connect data plan. About 2 GB for $20/monthly.