Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: 919995716922
Accepted Solution

Nothing on screen! Just vertical grey lines!

Hello, 

My issues with the device: 

My playbook isn't showing anything on screen since 2 days; just vertical grey lines. I had this problem earlier, but once i switch the display on & off using the power button, it used to go away & this used to happen rarely before. Since a week, it happend almost once or twice every day. Now, no matter what i do, the display stays the same. I've tried rebooting the device, using the button combination Power+VolUP+VolDown for 20 seconds. As directed by Blackberry Support, I reloaded the OS & still no luck. I was able to hear the new mail notification sounds & LED blinking till i reload the software. I was able to use the device till the day before yesterday(27/11/2013). 

Also, since a month, I'm having issues with both the cameras on the device. When i open the camera app, it stays at black screen & if i take a picture, it says "Error 4003. picture" and in the video chat app, it says "Camera being used by another application". I've tried resetting the device, leaving the device overnight & tried reloading the OS using blackberry link. I didnt contact BB support for camera issue because I dont have any real use for the camera on the device.

What I've done so far to resolve:

I've tried resetting the device. Contacted blackberry support yesterday- the guy asked me to reload the device after nearly 85 minutes of 'listening & explaining' which didnt help me in any way - He gave me 2 links to the knowledge base articles for instructions to reload the Tablet OS & both of them returned 404! He said he'll contact me on my email address with my warranty details & no response so far! - really pathetic! 

This device was gifted to me by my brother who is no more & I don't know the warranty status of the device. I tried the Direct Support but unable to proceed since I dont know the email address using which he registered the device. I've tried all the email addresses of him which i know & none of them allowed me to proceed.

I've had really good experience with the device & I love it more than my iPad & Nexus 7, moreover I'm attached to this particular device sentimentally since it was gifted to me by my big brother who passed away recently. 

I've the latest OS Version installed, which is 2.1.0.1753 & I did the update when it was released about 2 months ago & had no issues with the update. I'm located in Kerala, India. Any help is appreciated 

-Thanks

Aravind

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: 919995716922

EDIT

[ Edited ]

Blackberry Technical support guy called me, asked me to get my playbook to the Authorised service centre for checking the eligibility for free replacement since i had the Camera Error 4003! Also figured out the email address used to register the device!

Guess my concerns are over!