Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

OS 1.0.5.2342 just downloaded and installed, and . . .

It makes me laugh. The Blackberry PlayBook is a visually enhanced device, right? Why then can one not rotate the images, those in the pictures folder, like I can with my tethered Torch, and my iPod, oh horror!

I open web pages, they rotate. I use the proper Facebook, which rotates, in preference to the PlayBook version, and that rotates not yet, and probably won't ever.

Who is in charge of checking things, and why aren't these picky little things, that annoy the hell out of many, not cured. I hesitate, when asked, as I am frequently, how this bloody thing works, to explain that it won't rotate images, and it won't be useful to use the PlayBook facebook, tra bloody la.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: OS 1.0.5.2342 just downloaded and installed, and . . .

Yeah, there are several apps that don't rotate, and that's going on for at least a month! Unbelievable...
Solutions: 6,350
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Paulodactyl wrote:

Who is in charge of checking things, and why aren't these picky little things, that annoy the hell out of many, not cured.

I have a feeling those items were checked and are working as intended... (and I agree with you, as well), but perhaps RIM didn't intend those media items to rotate, for some odd reason.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

'but perhaps RIM didn't intend those media items to rotate, for some odd reason.'

If thit is true, it's ridiculous. My Torch rotates images, but the picture size is . . . . .

So what drug were they on?

Paulodactyl wrote:

So what drug were they on?

Do you see symptoms you recognize?

Sheez man, why the smart cracks? Are you here for help and support or just to rant?

If so, rant noted.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

No, not exactly a rant!

I went down town, Ottawa, and into Telus, where my Playbook was purchased. I showed them that there have been two recent OS updates, which have not cured the images snafu. They were pleased that I had told them about this stuff, so that they can tell purchasers/clients of what to expect.

They were given a demo by me of the Pleasures of Playbook, but were equally astonished at the landscape to portrait inabilities.

So, if the support techies at RIM aren't aware of previous complaints that I have related to them several times via telephone, where did they vanish to, or what drug is used in house? Joke, baby, joke!

Yea, I guess the tech guy at your Ottawa store forgot to the red phone hotline to the RIM developers to report this.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I also mentioned to Telus that, if one wishes to upload an image from the Playbook, one has to troll through the whole lot, and cannot access the folders which one has created.

That would make it much easier to find, especially since the camera images seem to be at the end of the list.

If one has a lot of images, this is a real chore.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

The folders have been mentioned in another long thread. we are hoping for a fix soon.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Even now, after 1.0.6.2390 has been installed, images STILL don't rotate! This is nothing to do with the collapse of RIM in monetary value in the stock markets, it's to do with a simple fact that my Torch rotates images, my iPod rotates images, but this does not. Neither am I able with Blackberry Desktop Software to access the apps on the PlayBook. How on earth can I delete those that I never use?

And, do not tell me that I am ranting. I am simply indicating normal reaction to the matters that need fixing, no matter what else is being done.