Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: OS 1.0.5.2342 just downloaded and installed, and . . .

Paulodactyl wrote:

Neither am I able with Blackberry Desktop Software to access the apps on the PlayBook. How on earth can I delete those that I never use?

Easy, on your Playbook, touch and hold an application icon for a couple of seconds. ALL the icons will begin to pulsate, and underneath you will see a small X. Touch that X and confirm you want to delete the application.

Paulodactyl wrote:

Even now, after 1.0.6.2390 has been installed,

Why don't we skip talking about 1.0.6.2390 in this 1.0.5.2342 thread... if you've upgraded now and have questions or need support on 1.0.6.2390, there is a thread dedicated to the new OS.
Good luck!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

Why don't we skip talking about 1.0.6.2390 in this 1.0.5.2342 thread...

Now, now, quit the pomposity, if you wouldn't mind. I have enough problems without your lack of proper manners affecting me.

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

And, what does 'this will remove the shortcut mean' when trying to delete, That does NOT imply deletion.

Paulodactyl wrote:

Now, now, quit the pomposity, if you wouldn't mind. I have enough problems without your lack of proper manners affecting me.

I don't know about your problems -- news to me! I made a recommendation that sorta follows protocol for technical support forums such as these... a recommendation that might get your discussion on OS .1.0.6.2390 more attention, but you can have it your way. While we're all upgrading to .2390, maybe someone will drop back by this out-of-date thread to discuss it with you. Smiley Wink

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted

Paulodactyl wrote:

And, what does 'this will remove the shortcut mean' when trying to delete, That does NOT imply deletion.

Remove = delete. Works for me.Maybe not implied, just stated outright.

Those "shortcuts" are not apps... you're not removing much, and each time you remove that shortcut (like the AOL icon?) your Playbook will soon enough push an OS update back to your to replace those deletions. Yea, not ideal, but unitl RIM changes that behavior in the OS, that's the way it works. Let's hope it's soon.

Knowledge Base Updates