Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: non

OS 2.0: EMAIL, APPS, Calendar, Contacts! These are my demands (Respect me, I paid for my PlayBook!)

[ Edited ]

Edit>>  It is not that I truly don’t understand the limitations, rather why the improvements are not coming out fast enough!  <<Edit

I don't understand…

1. I now have native email contact and Calendar, BUT I CAN'T SYNC WITH OUTLOOK!!!! WHY!??!?!?!?!
  2. Why is the app world for PlayBook different from the app world from Smartphones.  The twitter app is great, but I can’t get it on my playbook, WHY?!?!?!??!
  3. THERE IS NO SKYPE!!!!  Skype is a business tool  WHY ISN’T A WHOLE TEAM ASSIGNED TO DEVELOP THIS????!?!?!?!
  4. I can’t have BlackBerry Travel on my PB  why??!?!?!?!??!
  5. Why is there not a simple note taking app included!?!?!??!?!   I mean Palm  had  that back in the 90’s for God’s sakes!
  6. For all our problems now and support from the get-go with new OS 2.0 we don’t even get documents to go premium!  WHY?!?!?!?! 

I love my BlackBerry products, but shelling out $500 on a device that does not do the above is just STUPID!  How can I demonstrate to my friends (Who do not have another BlackBerry device (smartphone) or not on a BES or BES Express) that; this thing is truly superior to all the other tablets out there as it is!

WHY IS THERE not a team developing when we need NOW!!!!!!  C’MON RIM we have supported you for years, spend a little money and support us!  Trust me it will come back to you 10 folds!!!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: OS 2.0: EMAIL, APPS, Calendar, Contacts! These are my demands (Respect me, i paid for my PlayBook product!)

To try and answer a couple of your questions...

1. You should be able to using desktop manager. Are you getting errors then?

2. Unless you hadn't noticed, the playbook runs the QNX operating system where as BlackBerry phones run BBOS. Two different operating systems hence why different apps on each. Once OS10 is released it will be on both phones and tablet so both will run similar apps. 

3. As per the numerous threads, Skype needs to be developed by Skype, not RIM. Yes RIM could give them a push but go complain to Skype. 

New Contributor

Re: OS 2.0: EMAIL, APPS, Calendar, Contacts! These are my demands (Respect me, i paid for my PlayBook product!)

Thank you for your reply.

1. When the PlayBook is connected to Desktop Manager, the only options I have is “Back up now” Device Options…”, and “Media Sync”
    1. I thought that it was because I had my playbook bridged to my BlackBerry 9700 so I security wiped it and tried again.  Same results.
    2. I uninstalled the desktop Software and installed the new 6.1.0.36 released November 7,2011 (bundle 38).  Same results. 

Am I missing something?

1. I know.  But what I don’t understand is what the holdup is?  And QNX has been around for a long time now and we keep waiting
  2. RIM has a huge interest in making sure that their devices are perceived as good value, without Skype; it is hard to make a case for it.  Why doesn’t RIM just develop their own plug in to utilize “Video Chat”.  Skype doesn’t care so we should suffer because we want to support RIM?  No!  RIM should support us too.

My entire post is to get the attention of someone so that we get the basic that we need right away, so people please make it popular

New Contributor

Any help With the sync? The rest: is just me venting
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Well we don't need your venting either. You are a newbie here try looking at other threads you not the only one who is frustrated.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

That was productive and very helpful!!!  Well done Vet Smiley Wink

aandras wrote:
Well we don't need your venting either. You are a newbie here try looking at other threads you not the only one who is frustrated.