Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: 9630/9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: OS Update - Issue !

I know the 16gb PB are the ones showing this behavior not the 32gb ones like yours, however it would be worth a call to RIM to make sure there isn't the same problem.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Yeah, i have a huge problem if I need to take it back to the retailer. I bought mine in Florida when I was on holiday, i'm now back in the UK, I have no way of getting it back. I'm going to try one more different wi-fi and if that fails, i'm going to have to try calling RIM. If they have no help, i guess i have to figure out how to get it to the retailer.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK
My Carrier: ICE

RIM could send you a new one, but you'll need to provide an address on US, Canada or Puerto Rico. Send yours there, RIM would send the new unit there and the person that recieves it would use the same box at the same delivery moment to return the defective one. And usually that's free of charge. You would have to pay the shipping from the UK and back though...
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Download Deskto manager from a PC and install it

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

then connect your playbook

Desktop manager shoould look for an update

if not restrat playbook and run update on desktop manager during the update

then Desktop manager should download the update and you can install it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
My Device: playbook and torch
My Carrier: vodafone

Im having the same issue, very annoying, out of a team of 7 people 2 of us are seeing this problem