Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: OS update

kdittyr wrote:
I think they meant "id est" which is Latin for "that is." The term is most often used when someone is giving examples of features or something like that.

I believe that is what they were saying... however, if I am wrong I would prefer other browsers over IE.

Correct.

I have edited my orig post, sorry for confusion.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

1.0.3.1975 is rumored to be released by the end of this month.

-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb

chrispycrunch wrote:

There was a rumour that there would be an update every two weeks too.  A lot of people seemed to think there would be an update today.  What happened to that rumour?  Are we supposed to be happy that there might be an update at the end of the month now?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

It was mentioned at the BBWC11 during the Key Notes session.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

[EDIT] Rumors are rumors, not fact. If someone mentioned it or hoped that was the case because the first update was about 2 week after the initial release, then it is a rumor. RIM does not pre- announce things.  If it was RIM that said every 2 weeks, then it would not be a rumor. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have 2 week OS updates for a time being.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb

jtegen wrote:

[EDIT] Rumors are rumors, not fact. If someone mentioned it or hoped that was the case because the first update was about 2 week after the initial release, then it is a rumor. RIM does not pre- announce things.  If it was RIM that said every 2 weeks, then it would not be a rumor. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have 2 week OS updates for a time being.

I'd be much happier if RIM would bother to acknowledge that there are a lot of problems that need to be resolved and give us some kind of indication that they're actually working on them.  I wouldn't mind waiting a month for an update if I knew the update was actually going to address some of the problems I have with the Playbook.  Instead, we have to check for an update every day and hope there is one and if there is one, we have to blindly apply it and try to figure out what might be fixed.

RIM is not showing any respect towards its customers.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16
My Carrier: alaint

exactly...well said

eastcoastcreative
Contributor
My Device: None! It's a piece of s**t and I took it back to the store!
My Carrier: N/A

[ Edited ]

"RIM is not showing any respect towards its customers."

Truer words have never been typed. RIM is ABSOLUTELY disrespecting it's customers, and I'll bet polls would show that they're losing ground in the market. It's why I'm returning my PB today. As I said in another post:

"I'm not that patient. I don't buy a car and then buy the tires, windshield and while the engine technically works, I have to wait for the exhaust, muffler, drive train, and transmission to arrive in the mail over the course of a few months. Oh, and then *I* have to check every day with the manufacturer to see if they've shipped them."

It's absolute BS that Blackberry released the Playbook with non-functioning and incomplete software, and are stringing customers along with rumors and completely ignoring the pleas of their customers who are asking for answers. Blackberry I feel that your stole from me, lied to me and conned me out of my money.

Blackberry: The Toyota of Tablets. Recalls, ticked off customers, and defective products. But unlike Blackberry - Toyota DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

chrispycrunch wrote:

Where did you get this version number from? Google has nothing on it within the past year..

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

@NovusPic

I don't understand what you speak of. They said at release no mail, calendar, BBM or android at release, then later said it would come sometime around summer. How did they lie?

Also, I don't understand the non-functioning or incomplete software. Everything I use works fine, maybe the alarm has just 2 tones but I don't think we got screwed.

Finally the browser is amazing and really cuts the needs for 85% of apps.