Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB 9900 and BB Playbook
My Carrier: t-mobile
Accepted Solution

One BlackBerry ID for two BB Units

My Situation:

I have two BB IDs:

ID #1 for my BB 9900.

ID #2 for my BB PlayBook

Now I would like to rename the ID on the BB Playbook to ID #1 withount the necessity of a securitiy wipe.

Renaming the ID #2 on a PC does not allow the use the same email as in the ID #1.

Would be nice to receive an answer.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: One BlackBerry ID for two BB Units

The only way to use the same BBID is to wipe the device and log in with the new BBID. You can only use an email address with one BBID, as well. Sorry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: BB 9900 and BB Playbook
My Carrier: t-mobile

Thank your for your clear advice.

To avoid the wipe (with loosing my apps) I prefer to introduce a second (new) email for ID #2 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

You can change the email associated with a BBID, however, that email can't be associated with another BBID already.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!