Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook & 9810 Torch
My Carrier: Wind Mobile Canada

Online Status not working in Video Chat

I just bought a second Playbook and I love that A) Video Chat doesn't need to be launched/open to be notified of an incoming call and B) incoming calls "break through" stand-by mode to alert that there's an incoming call and of course C) Accept Calls ON/OFF is great.  D)  It's also interesting that the camera can be switched during a call...

Even with both Playbooks with Accept Calls ON, Playbook #1 can detect when Playbook #2 is available (green), while Playbook #2 shows Playbook #1 as grey, but it still allows it to dial the grey contact.  Why aren't they both showing GREEN?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: Online Status not working in Video Chat

Are they both operating with the same BBID?
Contributor

Thanks for responding.

Nope;  They have separate accounts.  Each one can call the other with no issues...it's just that my original Playbook won't broadcast green to indicate being online.  It's the oddest thing!  It's not terribly important, but I would love to resolve it if it's a easy fix.  I've tried resetting both Playbooks and the issue persists.  As I've mentioned, Accept Calls is enabled on both machines.  Thanks.

Forums Veteran I

Have you tried changing its ID to the PIN?
Contributor

Hmmm...it appears the Green online indication isn't that spot on.  I've disabled wi-fi on the one that broadcasts Green, but it still shows Green aka "Online" on my other Playbook instead of turning Grey.  When I call it it keeps saying "Calling..." and no sound is heard.  I'm going to stop worrying about this because it's obviously a tiny quirk that needs to be ironed out.  To the powers that be:  Please fix online status indication for next update.

Forums Veteran I

Another thing I like about Video Chat is you can be in the middle of a conversation and you want to look for something on your Playbook like a file. So you minimize Video Chat, open File Manager and get the info you are looking for. All the while the person on the other end of Video Chat still sees you while you look through your files. That is amazing!
Contributor

Yes, the contacts are set up w/ PIN numbers in the PIN fields.  Is that what you mean?

Forums Veteran I

In Contacts, there is a field called Video Chat Address. You can enter either the BBID or the PIN. If one of your PlayBook is not working correctly when in Video Chat, try changing from BBID to PIN.
Contributor

I have my Video Chat Addresses set to PINs on both and I've just deleted the PINs from the PIN fields in case that was doing anything, but nothing has changed in terms of Online Indication (one barely works and one doesn't).  I agree with you, Video Chat is really good (earlier today I posted on another site how great it was) in terms of integration and not needing to have Video Chat open in order to receive calls (how AMAZING is that?), etc.  etc. etc.  Having said that, I am still looking forward to Skype on BB10 OS because my overseas relatives don't have Playbooks...  Ideally, someone would hire Skype to create an App NOW for people that don't want to upgrade to BB10 (BB10 is said to require more memory than the current model of Playbook has, so it might not be as smooth as the current OS), but that's not gonna happen.