Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860/9850
My Carrier: Telstra

Only early days but still waiting on my BlackBerry PlayBook to be repaired after shutting down on me : (

Approximately 2 weeks ago my BlackBerry PlayBook shut down on me (after only one months of use). Anyhow, last Saturday (July 30th, 2012) I handed it back into Harvey Normans (the place where I purchased it from) for them to send it away to get repaired and the man that I gave it to said: "your tablet should be fixed in a week to a week and a half".

Anyhow, I rang them today and they said that my PlayBook was still at the Harvey Normans Office waiting for BlackBerry to come and pick it up (so much for the week to a week and a half)!! The other thing that the Harvey Normans lady said today was that repairs can be up to 4 weeks (well this is NOT what I was told when me and my girlfriend took it in to get sent away for repairs)!!

Anyhow, it is only early days yet but I just want my BlackBerry PlayBook fixed so I can start using it for work again like I always have!! It is soooo frustrating not having my BlackBerry PlayBook here especially seeing as I am so reliant on it for work purposes!! (I am even considering buying another PlayBook as a back-up but my girlfreind advised to just wait until my old one is fixed and go from there!! Anyhow, only time will tell how I go with the repair!!

Boxy7

Contributor

Re: Only early days but still waiting on my BlackBerry PlayBook to be repaired after shutting down on me : (

PDATE: The Harvey Normans rep. rang me up later this afternoon and she said that she had received the box (which I assume is a courier box?) and has sent my BlackBerry Playbook away to get repaired!! I assume that if I hadn't of rang to speed the process up that I would have been waiting longer to get it fixed!! I'm just happy that some headway is being made in regards to getting my PB fixed!! : ) Will keep everyone posted and let you's know how I go with it!!Smiley Happy

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: Only early days but still waiting on my BlackBerry PlayBook to be repaired after shutting down on me : (

I'm guessing the retailer forgot to call straight away - my PlayBook repair was swift when I dealt directly with RIM.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Yeah true John R. I do believe that they had the box sitting in their office for a number of days and they didnt act on it cos they were busy dealing with customers in the local Harvey Normans store but yeah when they do send it off it will be going to an official BlackBerry repair place (just not sure where) but as it is under warranty I decided to go through the store itself.

Also John, did your PB shut down on you like it did with me and wouldnt take any charge?? I do note that this is a slowly becoming a major headache for alot of people on here however once my PB is functioning it is a very good device which has helped me alot with my work etc!!

Boxy7
(Aka Jarrod)
Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Yes, it was the same fault. I bought 2 PlayBooks and they seemed to be affected.

Maybe a bad batch? My 64GB has never had the problem.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Yeah I agree maybe it is a bad batch?? Also yes the PB that I have getting fixed is actually a 64GB tablet so yeah it must have been one of those in the bad batch??
Contributor

It's alright now cas118 as of about three weeks ago the repair shop returned my BlackBerry PlayBook and stated that they had replaced parts (although they didnt say which parts?) and restarted it and it started working again. I also had to run through the set-up again and then all was good!! : )

Thanks for your advice!! : )

Kind regards,

Boxy7