Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Overdrive Media Console and DRM protected Public Library e-books

I downloaded the free Overdrive Media Console to my Playbook because the Calgary Public Library is using it. Overdrive keeps giving me an error message about not being able to connect to the internet but my WiFi connection was fine and Overdrive connects anyway. How can I stop the error message from appearing? I also found that I can only download and view on my Playbook e-pub e-books and MP3 audiobooks but not PDF e-books or WMA audiobooks. I can download and view all four filetypes to a Windows computer and run Overdrive to view all but the Adobe Digital Editions PDF ebooks. I can view PDF files on my Playbook but not PDF e-books. Is there an  Adobe Digital Editions version for the Playbook? Do I have to download PDF e-books to a desktop computer and then transfer them to the Playbook rather than downloading directly to the Playbook? Most of the library e-books are PDF e-books so I want to know how to get them onto my Playbook so I can read them during my commute rather than at a desktop computer.

Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Optimum

Re: Overdrive Media Console and DRM protected Public Library e-books

Here are the help files from Overdrive:

http://www.overdrive.com/files/TestDrive/playbookquickstart-P100.pdf

http://www.overdrive.com/files/TestDrive/playbooksetup-P100.pdf

The BB app is a converted Android app, and therefore has the same limitations as Android (and iPad) does. WMA is a Windows format.  It has not been my experience that "most library e-books are PDF". I am a librarian and I not only download books for myself, I assist patrons fairly regularly. Perhaps Calgary Public Library has a different collection?

@}-`-,--
Web Development and Technical Services Librarian